I have got the message thyt the weather channel api will change and that the existing interface will stop working mid of November. Even if Eden got a feature freeze, this is something, that should be covered in Eden (or even in Dharma?)
We are writing to you because our records indicate that you are a registered user of the weather.com XML Data Feed (http://xoap.weather.com.)
As a valued subscriber, we want to let you know that our data feed service offerings are changing. Beginning the week of October 10th, 2011, we will be launching a new subscription service, The Weather Channel API.
The Weather Channel API is a subscription offering created by The Weather Channel specifically to provide developers with access to an easy to use weather data feed that they can use to power commercial applications across a variety of technology platforms.
Key Features include:
• access to the most comprehensive global forecast set available anywhere
• white label solution (no logo; no links)
• weather data provided by weather.com
• data may be accessed in either XML or JSON format
• leverages a world class cloud-based Infrastructure
• product support for the world wide web, the mobile web, downloadable web / PC applications, and downloadable mobile phone / smart phone applications
• multi-language support for English, Spanish, French, German, & Portuguese
What this means to you:
In order to have access to an XML data feed from The Weather Channel, you will need to subscribe to The Weather Channel API. This letter serves as formal notice to you that your access to the weather.com XML Data Feed will terminate at midnight Eastern time on November 15, 2011. To evaluate The Weather Channel API as an alternative to the weather.com XML Data Feed, please go to http://portal.theweatherchannel.com.
If you have questions concerning this notice, you can call The Weather Channel at (770) 226-2329 or e-mail us at [email protected].
We look forward to continuing our relationship with you.
Scott H. Zucker
Director, Revenue Management & Optimization
The Weather Channel, LLC
Phone: (770) 226-2329
Facsimile: (770) 226-2966
E-mail: [email protected]