Time jumping random
Hi

My first post here. I just love the XBMC, but I have 1 annoying issue that i need some feedback on.

When i watch a HD movie, x264, 720p or 1080p after aprox 10-20min it starts to jump sometime forward 1.5min, sometime backward 1.5min.. and that keeps happening like 10 times each time i watch a movie.

My specs are:

ASUS fusion E-350 - (mobo with cpu and hd graphic)
You will want to post a debug log to get some more information. To turn on debugging without having an OSD getting in the way you need to create a setting in your advancedsettings.xml file. By default XBMC does not create this file so you have to do it yourself.

Type
Code:
notepad "%APPDATA%/sbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml"
in the run dialogue in windows. This should open a new document in notepad. Copy the following and to this document and save it

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <loglevel>1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Then run XBMC and a video that causes the problems and post the resultant debug log to pastebin.com and drop a link here. The log is found at %appdata%/xbmc/xbmc.log
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Thanks!

Il will put that logfile up tonight.
or just use the button in settings -> system -> debugging
Hello again

what happen was that I watched this movie, crazy, stupid love and it jumped 2 times back, so I had to jump forward.
I noticed that it always jump like 1min to 30sec.

The logfile were to big so I had to split em up.

Let me know if there is anything wrong in my settings or if I can improve them.

Logfiles:
Page1
http://pastebin.com/JcSFtFfp
Page2
http://pastebin.com/FyXFq1h1
It does look odd. I'd guess that one of the jumps is at 20:53:19. The log shows:

Code:
20:53:19 T:4456 M:347779072   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogSeekBar.xml) ------
20:53:19 T:4456 M:347779072    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogSeekBar.xml
20:53:20 T:5720 M:350085120   DEBUG: CDVDPlayer::SetCaching - caching state 2
20:53:20 T:5720 M:350085120   DEBUG: demuxer seek to: 303633
20:53:20 T:5720 M:351875072   DEBUG: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::SeekTime - seek ended up on time 300091
20:53:20 T:5720 M:351875072   DEBUG: demuxer seek to: 303633, success
20:53:20 T:4456 M:362905600   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: PlaybackSeek from xbmc

But what caused the seek isn't clear. It wasn't a keypress because the log would have shown that, so it looks like a mouse action. v10.1 doesn't log mouse actions (v11.0 does) so there's no way to tell if it was a mouse. Do you have any mouse, wireless or otherwise, connected?

JR
I have this logitech DiNovo wireless keyboard.
Henke123 Wrote:I have this logitech DiNovo wireless keyboard.

That includes a mouse. You could try powering off the keyboard while you watch a film. It seems a long shot though.

If you install a nightly build the debug log includes mouse messages. That would at least indicate if the jump is being caused by a mouse signal.

JR
I will install a nightly built and get back to you. How stable are the nightly builds? Is it something I can use daily or is it like and alpha rls?

Il get back to you with some logs.
The basic functionality is generally fine in the nightly builds. When you get hiccups it tends to be in the less commonly used features. You can install a nightly to a different directory (e.g. C:\program Files\XBMC-Nightly) and it won't mess up your v10.1 installation. The nightly installation will copy and upgrade your library when it's first run, but after that v10.1 and the nightly use separate libraries.

JR
Okay this is my update.

Im now running the latest xbmc v11. I was watching simpsons today, and it jumped 1 time.

I have attached the log

http://pastebin.com/4CzUy5px
Aha! But first the obligatory wrist slap for not posting the whole log, though it doesn't matter in this case.

Anyhow, I'd guess the jump is at:

Code:
20:25:35 T:2096   DEBUG: CApplication::ProcessMouse: trying mouse action wheelup
20:25:35 T:2096   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Pointer.xml) ------
20:25:35 T:2096   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogSeekBar.xml) ------
20:25:36 T:5616   DEBUG: CDVDPlayer::SetCaching - caching state 2
20:25:36 T:5616   DEBUG: demuxer seek to: 76397
20:25:36 T:5616   DEBUG: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::SeekTime - seek ended up on time 74825
20:25:36 T:5616   DEBUG: demuxer seek to: 76397, success
20:25:36 T:2096   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnSeek from xbmc
20:25:36 T:2096   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnSeek

Somehow, your hardware is send a mouse wheel move message. The "wheelup" message is generated when you scroll the mouse wheel.

JR
Hehe, the whole log didnt fit at pastebin.com, so I took out the important part.

Its wierd that my keyboard/mouse do this shit. Have you ever head anyone else have had this problem with Logitech Dinovo Edge?

I guess i have to turn the keyboard off while im watching a movie.
Is it possible to just disable the mouse function in XBMC?
Henke123 Wrote:Is it possible to just disable the mouse function in XBMC?

Yes, System settings, System, Input devices and uncheck "Enable mouse".

Or you could just disable the wheelup action. This isn't documented yet because it's new for v11.0, but it's simple to do. Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\mouse.xml"

and click OK and Notepad will open. If you're prompted to create a new file answer Yes. Now copy and paste the following:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
      <wheelup>noop</wheelup>
    </mouse>
  </global>
</keymap>

Close Notepad and save the changes. This tells XBMC to map the wheelup action to "noop" (whih stands for "No Operation").

JR
Cool!

I have now disabled the wheelup function, Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Time jumping random0