• 2(current)
[Request] www.EpixHD.com plugin
seems the free trial offer expires the end of this year.

I have enough information to implement several new features.

1. stop/resume support with website and between xbmc installs. It is linked to your account.

2. queue support, queue editing in plugin, and history support.

3. support for all the video extras.

I just don't know if I am just polishing the brass on the titanic. I always seem to end up doing that though. Full steam ahead!

Update:

I am going to add a featured list from that wall on their homepage. It is just another json list.

I am also adding collection listings on the bottom right too. I

I wanted to do an actor listings but their 6 degrees thing doesn't seem to offer a full actor list anywhere.

If anyone has any other ideas. let me know. I am dry on thc so I am abusing caffeine pretty heavily.
BC this works perfectly. I cannot think of any new features yet. Thanks for the quick turnaround.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
I had not looked at their search yet. it is actually has some cool filtering options. I am looking into doing some thing with this.
Hi BC, thanks for all the great plugins.

I am unable to get the EPIX HD to work with my Verizon Fios credentials, which work just fine on the EPIX HD web site.

I was able to associate a yahoo email eith my legitimate account, but there is no place for a password for these accounts.

My fios username / password was only needed the first time I accessed the site. Now, I simply select Verizon Fios from the drop down and it knows who I am. Even after signing out and using a free acount, if I later select fios from the drop-down it knows me without logging in.

I'd like to help get this working with fios accounts. I notice the site changes to verizon.epixhd.com when i'm using my fios account in ie9.

Thanks!
I checked this out since i have Charter for internet. Epix content is included FREE if you have the internet plus, max or ultra60. So, cable television isn't required to get this...if you have the right internet service...
Hackashaq Wrote:Hi BC, thanks for all the great plugins.

I am unable to get the EPIX HD to work with my Verizon Fios credentials, which work just fine on the EPIX HD web site.

I was able to associate a yahoo email eith my legitimate account, but there is no place for a password for these accounts.

My fios username / password was only needed the first time I accessed the site. Now, I simply select Verizon Fios from the drop down and it knows who I am. Even after signing out and using a free acount, if I later select fios from the drop-down it knows me without logging in.

I'd like to help get this working with fios accounts. I notice the site changes to verizon.epixhd.com when i'm using my fios account in ie9.

Thanks!

I think reason why hackashaq (and I) can't login through xbmc is because we are eligible for epix because of our cable (internet) subscription through verizon and charter. When we sign in, the website says it takes us to a 'magic window' where we give our login info to the isp and they tell epix yes (or no). So its like i have a free epix account (cannot watch streaming movies), and when i sign in through the 'magic window' it says i am eligible to watch their online content. Is there a way for us to select the provider in the plugin settings so that it would send login to isp who could 'validate' our subscription? Else, there is the devices page where you select your device (or the coming soon device) and then you get an authentication code which we type in on xbmc and epix validates our 'device' like they do for roku, android, or google tv.

So its all in how you qualify, for being an epix subscriber, through isp, through cable tv, invite code...each has a different way of authenticating.

From charter website:

Log in at either charter.net/epix or at Charter.epixhd.com If you subscribe to Charter Internet you have to login to EPIX with your charter.net email address, password and service address zip code. If you subscribe to Charter internet service and have not yet obtained a Charter email address you will need to do so before being able to log into EPIX online. You can create up to 10 email addresses through your My Account for your household. Each of these charter.net email addresses can be used for accessing EPIX online content.

If you do not subscribe to Charter Internet you have to log in with your Charter My Account username, password and service address zip code. You can set up additional logins for viewing online video content such as EPIX at charter.net/myaccount.
Yeap I understand. I am just not sure what to do about it right now.

I would really need to get a handle on how those logins are done with their redirects. I am not against this but I would probably need logs with an ssl proxy enabled. These logs would include account and password information. Their form names and sites are different per provider so each one would need a their own login code. I will see if we can use mechanize. If it uses javascript then we can't and it makes it more complex to code.

This might be a job for someone with an account. I would be willing to help anyone along the path to adding support for this. I think it would be great because the other services use similar logins for access and some examples of how to handle these would be useful.

I know its kind of a crap solution but I could show you how to extract the cookies you get in your browser and insert them in the cookies.lwp file the plugin uses. This would be functional with cable credentials.

Edit: I will try to code up something to verizon and charter so you guys can try it out. It will be hard to trouble shoot without revealing personal information though. Maybe I can get it working.
ok, my knowledge of this stuff really extends to me just finding and replacing small snippets of information. i can give you the logs if i knew exactly which boxes in firefox or chrome i need to check to produce the right output. my os maybe LMDE but i let my (ex-)bf do all of my computer science programming for me...that probably included hello world...so i'm up for an easy to medium challenge. Smile
I think I might be able to get those logins working. I am trying to code something now. I will need testers for each service though.
that's a shame. I have an account and i can login, but i can't play anything (since i don't live in the US).
Any other way than a slow proxy? (which wouldn't make any sense for epixhd).
Any idea anyone?
PKOneTwo Wrote:that's a shame. I have an account and i can login, but i can't play anything (since i don't live in the US).
Any other way than a slow proxy? (which wouldn't make any sense for epixhd).
Any idea anyone?

what do you mean by slow proxy and why wouldn't it make sense?

i have an idea. proxy the smil and auth request and then playback the rtmp link without proxy.
BlueCop Wrote:what do you mean by slow proxy and why wouldn't it make sense?

i have an idea. proxy the smil and auth request and then playback the rtmp link without proxy.

Only way to use a proxy (that i know is) to send all requests (and data) through it.
How can i only send the smil and auth request through the proxy? Moreover when i'm using xbmc?
That is what is great about this python scripting. One can control how any request is made.

You would need to proxy the request for the smil(Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language) file. This file has the rtmp links in it. The second request would be the auth token which is used to connect to the rtmp server. You combine this information to make a url that librtmp can use to connect to the server.

all this is happening in the play.py file for the plugin. the getURL code is in common.py. One would need to add proxy support to getURL and then enable it for the desired requests in play.py

The rtmp servers generally don't have a geo-lock and can be connected to directly. This isn't always the case though and it might need to connect through a proxy to actually stream.
BlueCop Wrote:That is what is great about this python scripting. One can control how any request is made.

You would need to proxy the request for the smil(Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language) file. This file has the rtmp links in it. The second request would be the auth token which is used to connect to the rtmp server. You combine this information to make a url that librtmp can use to connect to the server.

all this is happening in the play.py file for the plugin. the getURL code is in common.py. One would need to add proxy support to getURL and then enable it for the desired requests in play.py

The rtmp servers generally don't have a geo-lock and can be connected to directly. This isn't always the case though and it might need to connect through a proxy to actually stream.

you're right, one would need to Laugh
anyway: an easier way would be to find out the rtmp servers und connect directly, right (if there is ne geo-lock)? Is this possible here?
you need to know the file path and server to connect to. you also need a fresh auth token to connect. They make you jump through hoops to get this information and it isn't always predictable on known information.

if you look at the common.py for my Free Cable plug-in you can see an example of proxy usage in its getURL function. Only CBS uses this for playback requests when enabled.

I am not sure how to use the proxy and cookie handler at the same time. I would have to look at the docs. I am busy working on this login support for cable services currently as well as several other features. I doubt I will add proxy support soon. I did my best to explain what is needed if you want to try it. let me know if you get it working.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] www.EpixHD.com plugin0