• 3(current)
[Request] www.EpixHD.com plugin
I can help test the FiOS cable login if you'd like.
I got something working code for the Charter log-in but the account I have been testing with isn't authorized to view epix. It is getting all the right cookies just charter isn't indicating it as authorized.

I just need to setup conditions for each service login page forms so I can select and fill in the right information. The return submission form might be different on each provider. I don't really know because I don't have a log-in for them.

I am mainly using mechanize but I have to parse some of the epix return side stuff because they use javascript for some redirects. We have to execute this manually since we can't interpret the javascript.

If any of the cable providers use java script to build their login submission forms then mechanize won't work for it for them. I haven't looked at all the providers forms yet.

I will try to put something up later tonight that I hope will work for most services but will need feedback to ensure it is getting the proper redirects so it gets all the right cookies set.

I might jump ship on epix for a while and try to implement the cable service log-in stuff for espn3 when i am done.
This looks like a pretty sweet site. I was able to get a login using Uverse as the ISP/Cable Provider. Question is, what happens after two weeks?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Yeap that is the problem. That is why I am trying to get the cable provider log-in stuff working so people who are authorized can use it longer term.

You can of course use different emails to get more time but this would get rather tedious.

I wish they would market directly to customers rather then through cable companies. I would rather pay them directly then through a content middle man like cable. This was setup by 3 movie studios so I would love to see it marketed as a netflix alternative for movies.

They only have about ~3300 movies available but their database has about 64,000 in it. I am curious if they have the rights for these movies or some are contracted to other services. It would be amazing if they opened up a library that large for streaming.
angel4b Wrote:I think reason why hackashaq (and I) can't login through xbmc is because we are eligible for epix because of our cable (internet) subscription through verizon and charter. When we sign in, the website says it takes us to a 'magic window' where we give our login info to the isp and they tell epix yes (or no). So its like i have a free epix account (cannot watch streaming movies), and when i sign in through the 'magic window' it says i am eligible to watch their online content. Is there a way for us to select the provider in the plugin settings so that it would send login to isp who could 'validate' our subscription? Else, there is the devices page where you select your device (or the coming soon device) and then you get an authentication code which we type in on xbmc and epix validates our 'device' like they do for roku, android, or google tv.

So its all in how you qualify, for being an epix subscriber, through isp, through cable tv, invite code...each has a different way of authenticating.

From charter website:

Log in at either charter.net/epix or at Charter.epixhd.com If you subscribe to Charter Internet you have to login to EPIX with your charter.net email address, password and service address zip code. If you subscribe to Charter internet service and have not yet obtained a Charter email address you will need to do so before being able to log into EPIX online. You can create up to 10 email addresses through your My Account for your household. Each of these charter.net email addresses can be used for accessing EPIX online content.

If you do not subscribe to Charter Internet you have to log in with your Charter My Account username, password and service address zip code. You can set up additional logins for viewing online video content such as EPIX at charter.net/myaccount.

I would also like to be able to log in with my cable provider info. My service is with Cox Communications. when i go to epixhd.com to sign in with my service provider it takes me to this page https://idm.east.cox.net/coxlogin/ui/epi...2Fsaml2sso.

Then once i enter my info it redirects me to http://cox.epixhd.com/epixprofile/
I committed some test code for cable login support.

You have to choose your cable provider in the settings and input your account information.

I don't think Cox will work currently. they use javascript to build their login form so can't be used with mechanize to login. It will take more time and code to support cox.

Other providers might fail as well. I will need feedback. I am fairly sure Charter should work. I don't have accounts for these providers so I am not really sure.

It you are switching account types make sure to check "clear cookies" in the setting when you switch.

I also added a Featured and Collection listings.

I added an option to play pre-roll videos from epix. they show various promo and trailers for movies they have available. It is kinda experimental and does make starting playback slower(in addition to the length of pre-rolls themselves). These are selected by the site so I don't know what all they play.

Update: Added Extra listings for movies. I just need to do a bit of more work for stop/resume support for this site.

I will probably work on using some of the search options next.
BlueCop Wrote:I committed some test code for cable login support.

You have to choose your cable provider in the settings and input your account information.

I don't think Cox will work currently. they use javascript to build their login form so can't be used with mechanize to login. It will take more time and code to support cox.

Other providers might fail as well. I will need feedback. I am fairly sure Charter should work. I don't have accounts for these providers so I am not really sure.

It you are switching account types make sure to check "clear cookies" in the setting when you switch.

I also added a Featured and Collection listings.

I added an option to play pre-roll videos from epix. they show various promo and trailers for movies they have available. It is kinda experimental and does make starting playback slower(in addition to the length of pre-rolls themselves). These are selected by the site so I don't know what all they play.

Update: Added Extra listings for movies. I just need to do a bit of more work for stop/resume support for this site.

I will probably work on using some of the search options next.

The update is great so far. All the trailers and extras that don't require login info are working but still getting a script error when trying to play a actual movie. (Which you said would probably happen.) If it will be helpful I will set up an email address on my account through cox (for you) so you can access EPIXHD on your end with a cox email account to get all the necessary info you may need... Big GrinBig GrinSmile
Can someone give me a step by step on how to watch movies on my ATV2 with EpixHD... I have the plug in installed on my XBMC.. I also signed up on the website and entered the log in information but when i go to watch a movie it says "Playback failed: One or more items failed to play... check the log file for details".. PLEASE HELP...

PS: BlueCop your the best!
TrueLoyaltyInc Wrote:Can someone give me a step by step on how to watch movies on my ATV2 with EpixHD... I have the plug in installed on my XBMC.. I also signed up on the website and entered the log in information but when i go to watch a movie it says "Playback failed: One or more items failed to play... check the log file for details".. PLEASE HELP...

PS: BlueCop your the best!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=917408&postcount=8

post 8 of this thread links to a post with instructions. A more recent git version already works.
I committed another update that adds stop and resume support between xbmc and the website. This will also work between xbmc installs using the same account. So you can stop a movie in your living room and pick it up in your bedroom if they are both using the same epix account.

This update also added Queue support. You can access the epix profile queue within the plugin. You can also add and remove from it.

I am still looking for feedback on any cable login successes. I believe they should be working except for cox. Make sure to sign in on the website first and get your username. You should then be able to login with the plugin.

I am probably going to work on adding a History listing next to show what you have viewed. I could also add an option to auto remove from queue on completion.

I have been looking at search but their search doesn't actually return that great of results.
The update works great for Charter. Thanks for all your hard work on this.
where do yo download the latest version, I clicked on the repo and only have ver 09

Thanks all
0.0.9 is the latest.
thank you great job BTW appreciate the work
Using latest nightly on Windows, the plugins appear to download and are there in the listing but don't run. When I shutdown xbmc and restart they are gone.

Repo problem or issue with today's build? Other plugins seem to install fine, but not Amazon or Epix.

Anyone else?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] www.EpixHD.com plugin0