True vga adapter & digital output
hello

regarding this last feature

Quote:- 09-04-2005 fixed: some 3rd party av packs report as being "vga" adapters incorrectly. xbmc now supports this mode and enables digital output for it.

i have the x2vga converter, and my lcd accept 720p
there is only vga output on the x2vga, no dvi-d, so when you say "digital output", it s for audio (spdif) only ?

cheers

modhack
xbmc.fr

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

nothing to do with it.

some (crappy) 3rd party av packs (usually just with s-video, but sometimes with component as well) report incorrectly as a "vga" adapter (of which the x2vga is not - that reports correctly as an hdtv adapter). xbmc did not detect this case, as it is not in the xdk documentation. because of this, the adapter wasn't recognised as having a digital audio output, when some of them do.

thus, i added detection of this av pack type, and made sure that it could do digital audio.

in short, it doesn't effect anyone other than those with crappy 3rd party av packs that were incorrectly designed.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
True vga adapter & digital output0