sony vgxl100 Upgrade
Hi Guys

I have the above computer which has served me well for many years, I have put the latest openelec ver 1 on it and it looks fine. But just cant get the sound to work, i think the motherboard is to old, and its time for an upgrade my question is can i just change the motherboard and use the parts listed below if so do you have any pointers for me

Processor is Pentium D 2.8ghz
2 meg of ram

Paul
It's really hard to say what your capabilities and compatibilities on that computer are. Especially without any specs on your parts (eg ram: how many pins, speed, etc.). Also, it might be difficult to to find a replacement motherbaord for odler CPU's and RAM that would be worth the investment. Sometimes finding replacement parts for older computers is quite expensive.

What kind of 'slot' does it have for a video card? PCI, AGP, PCIe ? If by chance it can be fitted with a current model video card you can run your sound out along with your audio via HDMI. That would likely be your best solution.

If you can find out and list some more on the specs and particulars of your system we can do a better job of helping you with your question. Unfortunately, without that information its kind of like asking if the seats in a green car can be used to replace the seats in a red car.

ps, I am assuming you meant 2 Gigs of RAM?
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Hi

Thanks for the reply, sorry for being vague, I dont want to really use the motherboard, my idea was to use the case and fit a new motherboard inside, im just not sure which one i should use, as this was a pre built machine by sony. Just looking for some pointers in what the peoples thoughts where here

Paul

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sony vgxl100 Upgrade0