Black Screen when Hardware Acceleration is Enabled
Hello,

Yes this topic has been discussed several times, I did the search, but after 3 weeks of searching I didn't even come close to a solution. I did everything, reinstalled my XBMC (10.1 and nightly), reinstalled my video drivers, nothing seems to work.

When I play 1080p mkv files it sometimes gets laggy so I definitely need to get the hardware acceleration working.

Here's my specs:

i3 CPU M350 @ 2.27 GHZ
4 gig RAM
Ati Radeon 5650

Dunno if this might come handy:
DirectX Vendor: atiu9pag.dll
Direct 3D Version: 8.14.1.6105

Here's a debugging log of couple of minutes of playing with Hardware Acceleration enabled:

LOG

Please help me out and thanks in advance
It looks like audio problems. The log is full of errors like:

DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:17945697.694133, should be:17828538.923245, error:-117158.770889

JR
Note that I do hear audio and see subtitles while the screen is black.
So any way to fix those audio errors?

Also low quality movies don't show a black screen, only the HD's
i'm suspecting your screen resolution doesn't match hdtv resolution.

have you up date your video driver from here- Graphics Drivers & Software . after you updated it, you can adjust the screen resolution in catalyst control panel to match actual hdtv screen. in xbmc, you can do as shown below:

you can try different options in these settings to see what work best on your htpc
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi, thanks for your replies.

I think the audio problems that occured in the log are because I switched screens while the movie was playing. Here's a new log where I don't alt tab =p.

Also, I have set my resolution 1920 x 1080 in ccc and in XBMC as well.

Here are some screenies:

I have also tried "Use a fullscreen windows rather than fullscreen" and windowed, nothing seems to work Sad
Yekezei Wrote:Also, I have set my resolution 1920 x 1080 in ccc and in XBMC as well.
(
that might not be your actual hdtv screen resolution. it's somewhat preset screen resolution. you'll have to manually adjust the screen to fill in the entire hdtv screen, and select the adjusted screen resolution in xbmc.
If I set my ccc and xbmc resolution to another one (1776 x 1000) it doesn't work as well.

I have a Full HD tv isn't that 1920 x 1080?
So what can I do?
Yekezei Wrote:If I set my ccc and xbmc resolution to another one (1776 x 1000) it doesn't work as well.
it's still preset resolution.

Yekezei Wrote:I have a Full HD tv isn't that 1920 x 1080?
So what can I do?
1920x1080 is your hdtv spec, but what your htpc display on hdtv screen might not be 1920x1080. you have to read the 2nd paragraph carefully in cc as shown below (where it say "to create custom" to manually adjust the screen resolution. i did this on one of the 4 htpc that i built to get rid of the black screen.

I saw that your ccc looks different so I went on some site and downloaded 11.4 and somehow it kinda works. Seems that Sony puts outdated drivers on their support site (was unable to install the drivers from the AMD site).

I was playing with the resolution and when I make a custom one it seems that it is 1920 x 1080 after all.

But now, when I go into full screen, I get these green borders around my video, which don't show up when I take a print screen.

EDIT: I enabled GPU scaling and it suddenly worked, FINALLY.

Thanks A LOT for you help, really appreciate it !!!
Yekezei Wrote:I saw that your ccc looks different so I went on some site and downloaded 11.4 and somehow it kinda works. Seems that Sony puts outdated drivers on their support site (was unable to install the drivers from the AMD site).

I was playing with the resolution and when I make a custom one it seems that it is 1920 x 1080 after all.

But now, when I go into full screen, I get these green borders around my video, which don't show up when I take a print screen.

EDIT: I enabled GPU scaling and it suddenly worked, FINALLY.

Thanks A LOT for you help, really appreciate it !!!
the site i provided in post #4 should allow you to install the latest 11.4 version.

i'm glad that everything is fine for you now!
Yeah I tried to install those but I got errors saying that there were faulty drivers on my system or something, was a real mess. I cleared everything with Driver Sweeper.
Yekezei Wrote:Yeah I tried to install those but I got errors saying that there were faulty drivers on my system or something, was a real mess. I cleared everything with Driver Sweeper.
you can always delete catalyst control panel in w7 control panel and registry, and re-install it directly from amd website.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Screen when Hardware Acceleration is Enabled0