ATV 2 mysql + library.
Okay. now this is my 3rd day not being able to get this to work, so i will try and explain as much as i can.

My setup:
(w7 64bit.)- that have all the Movies and TV shows on it. I installed mysql and the database it self seems to work, and i can see that the database gets the info. The XBMC version on that computer is now stable 10.1, here it kinda works Smile it seems to be working, as my series and all that is getting in the records of the mysql. So thats the main thing i guess.

i have copied this Advancedsettings.xml to every Userdata folder

atv2 with XBMC 11.0:
Here i can find the movies if i add them with the smb:// link. But it doenst seem to be connected to the database, and i cant see it as a library, and no actual fanart of covers on them. Any Help?

Win 7 64bit, tried with different versions.
This is kinda the same thing as with atv2, but here when i add the advancedsettings.xml it just wont load XBMC..

So basically i am pretty bummed out about this about now.

So then i wanted to start off with a fresh installed + fresh installs on every machine, but i wanted to get the atv working first so tried with the server and the atv, but the atv seems to keep install 11.0

And now i dont know where to start or end. Sad

hope someone can help me out..
i would really appreciate it.
Hi Firedog,

I am not sure I read this all corectly, but I think you are mixing the "stable" windows Dharma (10.01) release with a nightly Pre-Eden (11.0) iOS release. Right now the database from the nightlies is not compatible with the DB from the stable versions. So if you download the regular windows version and install a pre-eden iOS nightly then you will not be able to see anything from your library on the Windows box. Its also best to use nightlies from close to the same date on all boxes.

To fix it, get the Windows nightly version from here and install =) Leme know if that fixes you right up!
Ozymandyaz Wrote:Hi Firedog,

I am not sure I read this all corectly, but I think you are mixing the "stable" windows Dharma (10.01) release with a nightly Pre-Eden (11.0) iOS release. Right now the database from the nightlies is not compatible with the DB from the stable versions. So if you download the regular windows version and install a pre-eden iOS nightly then you will not be able to see anything from your library on the Windows box. Its also best to use nightlies from close to the same date on all boxes.

To fix it, get the Windows nightly version from here and install =) Leme know if that fixes you right up!

Ye after reading my post, and got some sleep. then i just took all the newest builds 22/10 dated.

But the thing is now i cant open XBMC on my "server" when i have added the advancedsettings.xml file.
I deleted the Database and remade it, so it would be made with thte newest build.. So now, all my computers have the newest build.. both my macbook, atv2, server, and win 7 64 bit machine..
But as i learned always start with the server machine and get that working, then go forward after that.. But i cant seem to get it working on my server now Sad

Update:
Tried with other computers, doesnt work on any of the machines when throwing in the advancedsettings in now.. Sad
Now i am even more lost..
post your settings? Maybe a log file?
Ozymandyaz Wrote:post your settings? Maybe a log file?

From wich machine?? Smile

hmm from looking in the log file, it says the table does not exist.. but. it does. :S

logfile:
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601. Built on Oct 22 2011 (Git:20111021-79cceb5, compiler 1600)
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: AMD Phenom™ 9350e Quad-Core Processor
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Desktop Resolution: 1024x768 32Bit at 60Hz
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Running with administrator rights
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Aero is disabled
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: The executable running is: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Log File is located: C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Setup SDL
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Found screen: Generic PnP Monitor on ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1) , adapter 0.
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Primary mode: 1024x768 @ 60.00 - Full Screen
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Additional mode: 640x480 @ 59.94 - Full Screen
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Additional mode: 640x480 @ 60.00 - Full Screen
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Additional mode: 800x600 @ 60.00 - Full Screen
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Additional mode: 1024x768 @ 60.00 - Full Screen
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: load settings...
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: loading special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Checking resolution 11
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Loaded playercorefactory configuration
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml.
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: No settings file to load to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.197</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.197</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
16:04:17 T:3624 WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental.
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Checking resolution 11
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Default DVD Player: dvdplayer
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Default Video Player: dvdplayer
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Default Audio Player: paplayer
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: Loading media sources from special://masterprofile/sources.xml
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: initializing playlistplayer
16:04:17 T:3624 NOTICE: DONE initializing playlistplayer
16:04:18 T:3624 ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version
16:04:19 T:2328 ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect

sql tables:

+-----------+------+
| host | user |
+-----------+------+
| % | root |
| % | xbmc |
| localhost | root |
+-----------+------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SHOW DATABASES
+--------------------+
| Database |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| mymusic17 |
| mysql |
| test |
| xbmc_music |
| xbmc_video |
+--------------------+
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

i guess it must have something to do with what i did with the sql database.
First of all this stuff is not new to me, except the sql, i not used to work with it, but i kinda get it.
I did all i know of to remove the tables and then reenter them.
But maybe i did something wrong? :S
I am not sure what is going on here, but I am also not an expert either... But, I use very similar settings with all the same names so it SHOULD work.

When you start XBMC do you see the database being populated with tables? All you should need to do is create the databases (xbmc_vidio and xbmc_music) and ensure that the user xbmc has all the appropriate read and write access. I grant all permissions since I have no security concerns on my intranet.

The first time you start XBMC it should attach to the database and build about 40+ individual tables. Then, so long as all the xbmc clients are running the same version it should all just work.

Once more thing, Life hacker is old and you really ought to add a path substitution for the thumbnails folder. Oh, one more thing, you need to make sure that all your clients use the same protocol, i.e. SMB or NFS, etc... The easy way to do this is to also copy the sources.xml file to each client once it is setup.

When I do this I build everything on my Windows 7 install and setup an advanced settings file with all the DB stuff. i then start XBMC and manually add sources in the UI using only SMB. I could use NFS but have no need yet. Then once it is all setup I jailbreak and install XBMC to my ATV2. I start XBMC once ion the ATV just to make sure its running, then I shut down and copy/replace the advanced settings and sources XML files. Wham bam video bliss...

So, I would start over completely. Reset and re-jail break the ATV2. Uninstall XBMC for windows and stat over with a new nightly and basically start from scratch. Then post the advanced settings and logs for both clients after trying it how I said above.

And use paste-bin so we can see the whole log.

FYI - Path Substitution:

<pathsubstitution>
Path substitutions for use with playlist loading. These are processed in order, and are useful for substituting an absolute path on a PC with a path suitable for XBMC to handle. Default is no path substitutions defined. An example is:
Code:
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb://user:[email protected]/xbmc/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
I followed the lifehacker guide initially and had some problems until I created the DBs using the following:

Quote:CREATE DATABASE xbmc_video CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;
CREATE DATABASE xbmc_music CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_ci;

Other tips:
As mentioned, make sure all clients are on the same or similar version.

Check firewall settings on the machine hosting the DB if you have one. You might need to open the port (3306) for TCP but if it has ever worked between machines, this shouldn't be a problem.
I do it all with phpMyadmin personally... I just used all the defaults and it works great.

See my sig for a how too, it has more info about how to do it on a Synology but the middle section is applicable here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV 2 mysql + library.0