• 2(current)
[release] gbtv
Ok made some more changes. Probably the last for awhile unless there are bugs reported

The Main reason for the release is I noticed that I accidentally removed the Live Shows Dir.. opps... so I had to add that back in like it was, also made a few other minor adjustments...

I also created some new images for use in the addon, and moved the images to be hosted on my BitBucket Account instead of distributed with the addon. If you do not see the new images right away you may have to wait 24 - 48 hrs to get the cache to refresh.

I have tested this on both current nightly eden and dharma, works fine on both

11/24/2011 -- Release v0.0.4
Releases Page
Direct v0.0.4 Zip Download
Git Repo (on Bitbucket)

+-------------------ChangeLog------------------------------+

[2011-11-23] Version 0.0.4
- Fixed Live Show Links
- Moved Show logos to Websever
No Longer distributed with Addon,
- New Custom Logos for Radio Show and TV Show
- Add Show Descriptions for Views that show Descriptions
- Added "Todays Archived Shows" to isolate all shows broadcasts that day
- Moved Inactive Shows Off Main Page
Inactive shows are Making of, GBInsider,Documentaries,Beck U, Specials, Restoring Courage
- Main Show listing only show last 3 Episodes, Archived List moved to Subdir
- Changed Query URL to only pull Premium Content on Premium content pages
- Moved to git version control
- removed releases from source
- releases can now be found at http://mptechnology.bitbucket.org/xbmcaddons/
mptechgroup Wrote:Based on the other plug in is just a minor change in the addon.xml file, which I have done, but I do not have eden to test so ....

11/24/2011 -- Release v0.0.4
Releases Page
Direct v0.0.4 Zip Download
Git Repo (on Bitbucket)

mptechgroup: The links seem to be broken? Also, if I use git clone to clone the repository, how to I get the gbtv addon to install and update?
On second thought, not the place to get political. I am still horrified that this plugin even exists.
beschmid Wrote:mptechgroup: The links seem to be broken? Also, if I use git clone to clone the repository, how to I get the gbtv addon to install and update?

Sorry, I fixed the links on the page and updated the links in the post (if you would please edit your post to remove the bad link so no one else clicks them)

as to install from Git. If on your XBMC box just clone from within the gbtv addon directory(userdata/addons/plugin.video.gbtv) , if you want to download the Git repo then transfer it locally later, just move all of the file in the above dir to your local install
I am a paying subscriber to GBTV, and am very thankful for the effort to bring this to XBMC. You guys rock!
OK....extreme newbie to plugins here....

I want to set this up for my father. He has an xbox with the stable 3.0.1 release installed.\

Two questions...

1. Will this work on an old school xbox version of xbmc?
2. If so, can someone please give a detailed step-by-step guide to installing this.

I appreciate the help very much.

the_buzz_man
Symptom is GBTV.py plugin failed, looked at xbmc log, it says there's an http 404 error for live shows, maybe they moved it?
It says script failed gbtv.py.

I do have a GBTV subscription and have previously activated both a Roku and a Boxee PC.

Am I supposed to see a way to activate XBMC as a Boxee? I don't see how to do that...

Thanks for getting this plugin going! Sorry if I missed this.

-KP

Ooooopppsss...now it IS working...
OMG. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I posted a request for this back in September, but received no interest, and ultimately ended up purchasing my parents a Roku so they could watch GBTV on TV.

This has literally made my day...err, night! Smile I'm so happy I have GBTV on my TV now via my Apple TV 2. Smile

Please don't drop off the face of the earth if something breaks. At the moment, everything is working great for me.
So, for the last couple of days, this GBTV plugin has struggled to keep the stream going. If I use the (incredibly lame) NexDef plugin in Chrome, it plays OK. I do seem to be having some bandwidth issues, but still, it keeps playing OK with NexDef, but not this XBMC plugin...

Any ideas?

Thanks again for this plugin.

-KP
kpeters59 Wrote:So, for the last couple of days, this GBTV plugin has struggled to keep the stream going. If I use the (incredibly lame) NexDef plugin in Chrome, it plays OK. I do seem to be having some bandwidth issues, but still, it keeps playing OK with NexDef, but not this XBMC plugin...

Any ideas?

Thanks again for this plugin.

-KP

There is a Quality Setting in the Same Area you entered your Username and Password.

Adjust that to a Lower Quality, Using the GBTV Flash Interface it will automatically adjust the feed quality to attempt to prevent buffering, the plugin cant do that. So just keep adjusting it down until you get where it will work

I have to keep it on the Lowest Quality Setting because of my crapper service at home
steveedw Wrote:Symptom is GBTV.py plugin failed, looked at xbmc log, it says there's an http 404 error for live shows, maybe they moved it?

kpeters59 Wrote:It says script failed gbtv.py.

I do have a GBTV subscription and have previously activated both a Roku and a Boxee PC.

Am I supposed to see a way to activate XBMC as a Boxee? I don't see how to do that...

Thanks for getting this plugin going! Sorry if I missed this.

-KP

Ooooopppsss...now it IS working...

Make sure the GBTV is not down, or that your internet connection is not having a problem, I am watching the live feed right now

the_buzz_man Wrote:OK....extreme newbie to plugins here....
I want to set this up for my father. He has an xbox with the stable 3.0.1 release installed.\
Two questions...
1. Will this work on an old school xbox version of xbmc?
2. If so, can someone please give a detailed step-by-step guide to installing this.
I appreciate the help very much.
the_buzz_man

1. No
2. Download it to your XBMC Computer, Navigate to "Get Addons" "Install from Zip" , Select the Zip folder that you just downloaded, Edit the Settings for the GBTV Account Info.
mptechgroup Wrote:There is a Quality Setting in the Same Area you entered your Username and Password.

Adjust that to a Lower Quality, Using the GBTV Flash Interface it will automatically adjust the feed quality to attempt to prevent buffering, the plugin cant do that. So just keep adjusting it down until you get where it will work

I have to keep it on the Lowest Quality Setting because of my crapper service at home

That worked. I had a 1200k and a 600k choice. The 600k choice hasn't stopped yet. Of course, that's for the Radio Show. I think I'd like the TV Show to play in 1200k...but it's probably no big deal.

Is there anyway to get the "Live" feed to be "pausable" and (most importantly) "Skippable", like the (incredibly lame) NexDef plugin?

Thanks again!

-KP
kpeters59 Wrote:That worked. I had a 1200k and a 600k choice. The 600k choice hasn't stopped yet. Of course, that's for the Radio Show. I think I'd like the TV Show to play in 1200k...but it's probably no big deal.

Is there anyway to get the "Live" feed to be "pausable" and (most importantly) "Skippable", like the (incredibly lame) NexDef plugin?

Thanks again!

-KP

NexDef is a proprietary DRM that is not compatible with XBMC

So the only "features" that are aviable are those that can be accessed outside of the NexDef Plugin. I refused to install it even on my PC

I can Pause the Live feed, I have not really tried it but I dont think there would be a problems with skipping backwards (for something that has already been played on your end, not skipping back if you join the program late)

I mostly watch it after the shows airs, I just happen to be home durning the radio program today, but 90% of the time I watch both the TV show and the Radio show after the fact (many time the tv show I watch the next day or on the weekends)
mptechgroup Wrote:I refused to install it even on my PC

Good Call!

I CAN NOT believe the MLB uses that POC!

-KP
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[release] gbtv5