• 48(current)
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface
(2014-04-30, 19:31)Mizaki Wrote: This came to be this morning. Everyone having trouble make sure "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC" is switched on.

If you still have problems after that, let me know. I'll see if I can do some kind of check for this setting in future.

That option was/is on and I'm still having the same problems described above...
If there's more I can do/check/test let me know Smile
Okay, can you turn on debugging and make sure JSONRPC debugging is on. Try a few commands and play and stop a few things then put the log on pastebin or similar?
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
(2014-05-01, 19:23)Mizaki Wrote: Okay, can you turn on debugging and make sure JSONRPC debugging is on. Try a few commands and play and stop a few things then put the log on pastebin or similar?

Turn on debugging in xbmc? Or somewhere else?
In XBMC, yes.
@Mizaki

is there any way to access the interface with a specific url paramter, like a hashtag or something.

http://myxmbc:8080/#music_playlist

something like that would be great

Kr
FreakErn
Right, so I did some further testing and came up with the following:

- All seems to be working fine in IE
- As long as you don't alter any AWX settings everything works in both chrome and Firefox
- As soon as you (for example) alter the start page of AWX to albums and reloading the page, I get the above problem with not showing anything in the now playing box and play/pause + stop buttons not working
- After removing the cookies from AWX in chrome or firefox and reloading the page everything is fine again

Since chrome is my default browser I started debugging from there.
After enabling debugging in XBMC I noticed that when nothing shows up in the now playing box, pushing one of the corresponding buttons in that box wouldn't trigger anything in XBMC since nothing shows up in the log of XBMC when pushing the button, while in IE log entries would come up.

But nothing showed up in the console of chrome as well, so I tried firefox... It turns out something gets screwed up when altering the default settings of AWX resulting in connection problems as shown in the console of firefox:
http://pastebin.com/9NwH1JaL

Hopefully this will give a clue to where the problem is... If you need something else I'll gladly help!

P.S.
The console output is in dutch, if that presents a problem I'll get another language you'd prefer Wink
Okay. I have replicated it but with 7.1. Are you using 7.1 or 7.2?
(2014-05-03, 23:31)Mizaki Wrote: Okay. I have replicated it but with 7.1. Are you using 7.1 or 7.2?

i don't know, where i can find the versionnumber you are talking about, but i have had this problem with 0.6.4. I installed the 0.6.5 as latest frodo version and have the same problem.

Is there any way to install a 7.something version on frodo?

when i use the latest repo version on my frodo i have a dependency problem.

Kr
FreakErn
This is very weird indeed. I can only replicate with XBMC running on Windows. If you remove the cookies you don't need until there are only 33 left, it should work (with Chrome anyway).
(2014-05-04, 14:10)Mizaki Wrote: This is very weird indeed. I can only replicate with XBMC running on Windows. If you remove the cookies you don't need until there are only 33 left, it should work (with Chrome anyway).

Right so I did some further testing and it seems like something breaks if there are over 33 cookies... While normally 38 get stored by AWXi
I currently tested this only with chrome, XBMC v13 (came out today) and downloaded the gotham branche zip from github (xbmc says it is version 7.2)
I tested on both an XBMC running on ubuntu 13.10 as well as windows 7.
Browsers all running on windows 7.

Observations so far:
- randomly removing cookies until there're 33 (or less) left for the host running xbmc results in AWXi working properly
- even cookies placed by other sites running on the same xbmc host resulting in more than 33 cookies result in the same errors with AWXi (tested with sabnzbd+, sickbeard and couthpotato)
- The default webview from xbmc works properly even with 33+ cookies still there

So I'm not sure if this is a problem with AWXi or the xbmc webserver functionality.

Tested in both chrome and firefox.
My guess is that since IE is handling cookies very differently than chrome and firefox, IE does not pose this problem
Yes, it's very weird. It did the same with XBMC running on Ubuntu for you?

I'll see if I can change it to 1 cookie but it may require some work. The actual problem is the websocket won't open with >33 cookies. In Chrome it just stalls and in Firefox it errors.
(2014-05-04, 19:31)Mizaki Wrote: Yes, it's very weird. It did the same with XBMC running on Ubuntu for you?

I'll see if I can change it to 1 cookie but it may require some work. The actual problem is the websocket won't open with >33 cookies. In Chrome it just stalls and in Firefox it errors.

Yeah XBMC on ubuntu poses exactly the same problem (that's my main htpc system so I noticed it there in the first place Wink)
One other minor thing though, although after the "cookie bug" is fixed AWXi would work perfectly and we can install it by just downloading the zit and extracting it.
But the official XBMC addon repo still holds version 0.6.4 instead of the current version 0.7.2

Still, great work on this amazing web layout for XBMC!
Yeah, I noticed today about the repo. I was told is was pulled but email again today. If cookie thing is an easy fix (I'm hoping I've done the hard work already) I'll do another pull request.
Reduced the cookies down to 2 but the problem still persists. No errors makes it very difficult to diagnose...
Maybe it is fixed. Can you try it with Gotham? Version 7.3, download from git.

It may be a cache issue so remove the old zip from <xbmc>/addons/packages and install from zip. Also, try uninstalling, exit XBMC and then reinstalling.
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface3