• 53(current)
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface
Good to hear.

Would be nice if others who have had the buttons/volume not binding could confirm it works with latest git.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Hi Mizaki

Same problem here for me. I have tested in 2 or 3 different browsers. If I clear the browser cache, I can get it to work once, but the next time I visit the page its gone again. Clearing the cache works again - until next time I visit

WebSocket connection to 'ws://192.168.0.231:9090/jsonrpc?awxi' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Invalid status line

weirdly, I cannot see port 9090 (JSON-RPC) open

I have set the options in Kodi -

- Allow control of Kodi via HTTP - ON
- Allow programs on this system to control Kodi - ON
- Allow programs on other systems to control Kodi - ON

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo netstat -lp --inet
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 *:36666 *:* LISTEN 299/kodi.bin
tcp 0 0 *:1183 *:* LISTEN 299/kodi.bin
tcp 0 0 *:1071 *:* LISTEN 299/kodi.bin
tcp 0 0 *:57807 *:* LISTEN 190/rpc.statd
tcp 0 0 *Confusedunrpc *:* LISTEN 180/rpcbind
tcp 0 0 *:http-alt *:* LISTEN 299/kodi.bin
tcp 0 0 *:1169 *:* LISTEN 299/kodi.bin
tcp 0 0 osmc:domain *:* LISTEN 205/connmand
tcp 0 0 *Confusedsh *:* LISTEN 208/sshd
udp 0 0 *:15393 *:* 299/kodi.bin
udp 0 0 *:9777 *:* 299/kodi.bin
udp 0 0 osmc:domain *:* 205/connmand
udp 0 0 *Confusedunrpc *:* 180/rpcbind
udp 0 0 osmc-livingroom.the:ntp *:* 251/ntpd
udp 0 0 osmc:ntp *:* 251/ntpd
udp 0 0 *:ntp *:* 251/ntpd
udp 0 0 *:mdns *:* 219/avahi-daemon: r
udp 0 0 *:33027 *:* 190/rpc.statd
udp 0 0 *:777 *:* 180/rpcbind
udp 0 0 osmc:790 *:* 190/rpc.statd
udp 0 0 *:60714 *:* 219/avahi-daemon: r
udp 0 0 *:1900 *:* 299/kodi.bin

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo netstat -lp --inet | grep "$299/"

Even stranger - I can see 9090 open on ipv6, but not on v4

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo netstat -lp | grep "$299/"
tcp6 0 0 [::]:36666 [::]:* LISTEN 299/kodi.bin
tcp6 0 0 [::]:36667 [::]:* LISTEN 299/kodi.bin
tcp6 0 0 [::]:9090 [::]:* LISTEN 299/kodi.bin
tcp6 0 0 [::]:http-alt [::]:* LISTEN 299/kodi.bin
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 9224 299/kodi.bin /var/tmp/osmc.settings.sockfile
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 7558 299/kodi.bin /var/tmp/osmc.settings.update.sockfile
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 9248 299/kodi.bin /home/osmc/.kodi/temp/commoncache.socket
Just to add to the above post - I *think* the reason it seems to work sometimes and not others is something to do with ipv6.

On the occasions that it does work, it seems to be connected using ipv6. But even that is a little bit hit and miss, as it doesn't always pick up the ipv6 connection.
Is this with git version? It shouldn't care about websocket (in a way).

TCP6 for me too, so looks fine.
Code:
netstat -anlp | grep 9090
(Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
tcp6       0      0 :::9090                 :::*                    LISTEN      27500/kodi.bin
I thought I'd report a weird bug that I noticed. If you use the PVR it shows the progress bar up the top and the time remaining and total time down the bottom for the current live TV show. If you are watching the show after the bar nor counter update. So if you are in the last 5 mins of a program the next program shows a full 100% filled bar instead of the bar going back to the beginning automatically and starting the new program and showing how far through it is. Nor do the counters change. They stay at the time for the very first program that completed.

Also.. why do we have to click the little icon to make the progress show and to be able to use the keyboard to control Kodi.. shouldn't that all be automatically selected as soon as you load the page? (i duno it's just always bugged me)
PVR is due to the limited reporting from Kodi. I was hoping it would have been improved but Montellese who has done most of the JSON-RPC lately doesn't/didn't have PVR. Could probably do a work around but it's difficult to test as I can't force a new programme to start.

It doesn't show for a "cleaner" look. I hardly ever change the volume or use the controls other than to pause. Could make it an option to show or not.

I assume no one is having problems with the latest git and buttons not working?
Someone needs to get him PVR.. it's the only thing that's really sorely lacking lol imho

I personally use the laptop to totally control Kodi.. as basically everything emulates having a keyboard.. this way I don't need a remote or wireless keyboard. I just have to remember to press that little button every time. Also its nice to see that bar to see how far along a show it. Having that one extra step seems almost a little unnecessary where you gain more information where it could just be presented straight to you without having to turn it on.

I have stopped having problems with it as before with the new git release.
I'm thinking show the controls by default when something is playing. Just adding cast and a few other things atm. Tried to get streaming in browser for video files but really need transcoding in as support is limited and I can't get vlc web to play the file location via http. Put it on the back burner for now.

I'll renew my request for graphics and code. If you can contribute then feel free to make pull requests.
Added to git:
Show controls when playing.
Button to switch on key controls.
Hopeful fix for PVR programme changes.
Cast
Lyric fixes.
Awesome work... will let you know how it performs for me...

just curious as to why you would prefer to have key controls not automatically on? As in you need to turn them on after you load the page.? I primarily use it so I don't need to have a remote control and AWXi is my pseudo remote control nor a keyboard connected to my Rasp Pi.
Because it could be confusing if you are trying to type and certain letters don't work. Although, it should now switch it off when an input box comes up.

It's finding a nice way without having too many options: Control keys on, control keys on when playing, controller side bars on, controller side bars on when playing, fullscreen when playing, fullscreen with control keys on, etc. It's trying to come up with a smart way and also indicate that certain things are on.

At this point the whole thing probably needs to be re-imagined as when I redid the interface last time there were a lot fewer options. I don't really have time for that and I also think the underlying framework needs doing again. Basically, a whole fresh approach which I hoped would happen with the new default interface but I don't think anything has happened there.

Ideas welcome.
Hi,

I've got an issue.

Since I've set AWXi as default webinterface, i'm not able to use another webinterface in place of AWXi ...

For example, when I want to use Kodi default webinterface, I get a "failed to load UI" error message.

I've tried with Chorus and I've got the same error message.

Can you help me ?

Thanks Wink
How are you trying to use the others? I personally just go through <kodi>:<port>/addons and use whichever I want at the time.
@Tahngarth

You may want to clear your browser's cache when moving from one webinterface to another.

-Kabooga
I am an expert at acting like an expert ---- WC Fields.

XBMC Web Control Interface - https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc
Thanks Kabooga Wink

Clearing the cache fixed my issue Smile
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface3