• 57(current)
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface
i had with my webinterface the same issue (was brought to me)... someone suggested that in the file addon.xml i should delete the line

<extension
point="xbmc.gui.webinterface"/>

i took like in mine this line out, and awxi installed (it said enabled). but it did not show up in "my addons" and when i open it, i get a empty page...

well at least a bit closer, hope it helps...
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Hmmm it's such a pity this addon was left to die so soon... hope someone can fix it Sad
(2015-09-04, 22:43)tuxfuxch Wrote: i had with my webinterface the same issue (was brought to me)... someone suggested that in the file addon.xml i should delete the line

<extension

i took like in mine this line out, and awxi installed (it said enabled). but it did not show up in "my addons" and when i open it, i get a empty page...

well at least a bit closer, hope it helps...

I just tried this out on my fresh install of Openelec 5.95.5 (editing the addon.xml). It installed ok, and didn't show up in the list of installed addons just like you experienced. But I went into settings->Webserver it showed as available, and I was able to select it. The Web Server selection box showed "None", but when I tried to access it from a webserver it worked. Funky but I'm happy for now.
Hm, might as well try it too. I don't understand what you mean though by available/none: is it in the menu, but when you select it "none" appears?
(2015-09-10, 08:36)krakout Wrote: Hm, might as well try it too. I don't understand what you mean though by available/none: is it in the menu, but when you select it "none" appears?

Correct. It shows as available in Webserver selection, but when you chose it (press enter/ok on it in the selection box) the Webserver selection will say "None". Kind of weird but it's working for me now. I'd go back and try to take a screenshot of it but I'm scared to touch that area again in case it stops working. lol
(2015-09-10, 11:43)booker88 Wrote: Correct. It shows as available in Webserver selection, but when you chose it (press enter/ok on it in the selection box) the Webserver selection will say "None". Kind of weird but it's working for me now. I'd go back and try to take a screenshot of it but I'm scared to touch that area again in case it stops working. lol

Heheh thanks Smile

In my case, it still appears as the choice I've made, and the interace works! Hurray!
I'm having the same trouble. I've tried deleting that line but still get 'addon does not have the correct structure' and it won't install.
[Kodi 15.1 on Linux mint 17.2]
Forgot to say I'm on SPMC 15.0. Maybe 15.1 further breaks things?
Don't delete
Code:
<extension

You have to change it like this:
Code:
<extension
point="xbmc.webinterface"/>
there is already that line. so when you change it, you have it twice (assuming lates from github: https://github.com/mizaki/awxi)
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
And will it work without the first one? I thougt MrPez tried this already?!
Let us wait for his response.
(2015-09-12, 10:49)oleee Wrote: Don't delete
Code:
<extension

You have to change it like this:
Code:
<extension
point="xbmc.webinterface"/>

Thanks, that works! It results in two identical lines of code which seems odd to me, but it worked so all goodSmile
Hi everybody!

I have an Openelec/Rasperry with Kodi 14 installed.
I like the AWXi web interface, but I have some issues.
My movies collection is stored on a NAS and, at the moment, I play videos using the browsing feature on kodi (no library for now).
I've defined 2 different video sources in Kodi for testing purpose and both point to the same network folder:
  • nfs://10.1.1.2/Movies
  • smb://NAS/Movies

Problem 1:
when I try to browse my video collection using the browsing feature, it often says "Failed to get directory!" without showing what's inside the path.
It seems to be random and it happens even with few entries in the directory, but sometimes it works and I can choose and play movies!

Problem 2:
if I click on the remote control icon in the bottom right corner a grey rectangle shows up with no buttons, just an "X" to close it.

I'm trying both Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome 45...

Anybody can help me?
Thank you for your help!

S
Hi everybody ,

Maybe somebody can help me....when adding episodes of a tv show, the thumbnail of each show doesn't appear. Secondly, on bottom right of screen there is a "playing now"....but mine remains empty. To help, I included a screenshot : http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m513..._59_40.gif and put 2 big red arrows.

Thanks
skip steps key not working.

Hi, maybe this is not the problem of AWXi, but i don't know where to post it.
i am using this Add-on with Chromium to control my Openelec/RPi2.
i enabled the "control keys" function on the AWXi web-interface,
and all other keys works fine, except the skip step keys(the right key and the left key on keyboard) in playback.
could anybody help me to solve this problem? thx a lot. Smile
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] AWXi - Ajax Based Web Interface3