Audio and Video out of Sync on MKV files
I just got done watching Cars 2 with the family and this is either the first time this problem came up, or just the first time I noticed. This is only the third full movie we've watched via the ATV2 so it could be either, but this was the first that I output in surround sound.

The file is a 1080p MKV file. I set the XBMC to output 7.1 audio via HDMI right before I started the movie. The out of syncing kept getting worse as the movie progressed. By the end the audio was almost 2.5 seconds ahead of the video. Does any

The log.

Does anyone have any ideas? I ran a few searches but the only posts regarding this issue were in much older builds. It's a bummer that this happened because everything else is perfect...and it's making me lose motivation building a second XBMC box.

I'm running the nightly from the 17th of this month if that matters.
Have you tried using 5.1?
The source has 5.1 sound. I don't know if the box has enough grunt to decode 1080 and remap the sound.
I would also think that if it is a performance issue (i.e. ATV cannot re-map audio fast enough) you should be able to "fix" it by stopping and resuming at any point, or even just doing a quick FF to jump ahead 30 seconds. If the audio syncs right back up then the issue is CPU lag, otherwise it may be the file itself.
g-off Wrote:Have you tried using 5.1?
The source has 5.1 sound. I don't know if the box has enough grunt to decode 1080 and remap the sound.

I have not, it didn't give me the option on the menu. Would changing it on my receiver forward the info to the ATV2?

Ozymandyaz Wrote:I would also think that if it is a performance issue (i.e. ATV cannot re-map audio fast enough) you should be able to "fix" it by stopping and resuming at any point, or even just doing a quick FF to jump ahead 30 seconds. If the audio syncs right back up then the issue is CPU lag, otherwise it may be the file itself.

I hope that's the case. The ATV2 is actually for two of the TVs both of which only have stereo audio. I hooked it up into the theater because I haven't finished configuring an ION XBMC box yet. But fast forwarding, stopping, or pausing didn't fix the issue. Does that mean it's not a performance issue? I'm really hoping it will be an easy fix...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio and Video out of Sync on MKV files0