Storing nfo/thumbs etc in separate folder to the movie/tv show
Ok, so my planned xbmc installation will be picking up all the films directly from the downloads folder on my torrent/nfs box, so I'm unable to modify the folder names containing the films to fit the standard xbmc likes. The structure will typically be:

Trackername | films | Inception.2010.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR

Trackername | tv | etc

Trackername | bdrips | etc

Anyway, you get the idea. Is there any way to keep the files xbmc needs in a separate structure? I assume because the folder names of the releases are non-standard, I'll have to use NFOs?

Edit: I should probably mention that although my xbmc installation will be on windows, the library will be running on kfreebsd (so I can take advantage of zfs)
Have you tried it yet? You should not have much trouble with the folder/file structure you've indicated. It beleive it would scan that movie just fine. Most releases of TV series don't require modification.
The artwork pictures xbmc displays are stored inside xbmc's own cache folders.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
outatouch0 Wrote:Have you tried it yet? You should not have much trouble with the folder/file structure you've indicated. It beleive it would scan that movie just fine. Most releases of TV series don't require modification.
The artwork pictures xbmc displays are stored inside xbmc's own cache folders.

At the moment I'm only planning the build, I'm unable to test it out. Will xbmc not stick any extra files in the film's directories then?
AnalBeard Wrote:At the moment I'm only planning the build, I'm unable to test it out. Will xbmc not stick any extra files in the film's directories then?
No it won't - at least not automatically (you would have to intentionally export your library a certain way for it to do that).
You can always install xbmc to your desktop/current pc and give it a tryout.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Storing nfo/thumbs etc in separate folder to the movie/tv show0