RAR'd video now showing up in library?
I've got a folder of TV shows which re all RAR'd and they are not showing up. What format do I need to have these in for library to recognize them? It plays them fine as RAR files.
Do some of your TV Shows show up or none at all? If something is not showing up in Library VIEW mode that would indicate they are not being scraped. This is usually due to a few issues. Where to start directing you though... We need to know what step you are on so to speak. While you are at it, tell us what your folder/file structure is.

this generally works:
/TV Shows/Name Of Show/Name Of Show s1e1 episode name optional.extension

Also, tick 'use folder names for lookup' in your settings (I don't remember which menu).
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
It's hit and miss. Case in point: Batman, the brave and the bold, I have 3 folders, one for each season. Season one does not even show up, seasons 2/3 have doubles or are missing episodes.

Other series are the same, however, one series with all RAR files shows no episodes.
Using folder names for lookup ?

Scraping issues usually have to do with naming conventions. Be sure your folder names match up with the scraper you are using. ie go to tvdb and search for your shows to see that you match up with what they have listed.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
there is a regexp for the advancedsettings file that makes more files match, try it.
it's available in these forums somewhere.
If you are saving the videos (thus keeping in Library for any real length of time) I suggest simply extracting them - RARs save very little, if any, space when compressing video.

If you are only watching just to quickly delete (as I often do) - I suggest creating a separate folder and Favorite pointing to it, using Files view.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
unRARing the files fixed it. Still not seeing some of these. Is there a good renaming util out there?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RAR'd video now showing up in library?0