Web server very slow.
Hi there.

I have XMBC 10.1 installed on a Dell Dimesion E521, and for the most part it works extremely well, with the exception of the web server. When I initally connect to it, it seems fine, but when I click on either "Movies" or "Music", a "spinning wheel" appears, and nothing seems to happen.

Also, XBMC remote control is painfully slow on my Android phone, I am wondering if it's related to the same slowness I'm seeing in the web interface?

I haven't found and "smoking gun" settings yet, and am hoping someone can share some ideas on what to look at to make things work better.

BTW - XBMC is amazing software, an excellent product of community development.

Thanks,
Richard.
The web server uses the library as it's data source. A common reason for the web server appearing to hang is that you aren't using the library and/or nothing has been scraped to it.

However I've seen a few posts where the library has been populated and can be browsed in XBMC but the web interface still doesn't show anything. I've never been able to reproduce this so I can't comment. It could be some problem in the library I suppose. You could try exporting the library (to a single file) then deleting the library and importing it again. That should clear up any corruption. NB you'll lose the "watched" status unless you set the <importwatchedstate> tag in advancedsettings.xml. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...library.3E for details.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web server very slow.0