XBMC freezing Windows 7
calosgheros Wrote:hello guy!
after some tests I arrived behind a wall and i'm feeling so frustrating.
well, i tried all solutions mentioned in this thread (pci power setup and windowed mode) but I'm understanding that these tips create false positives.
xbmc starts, with or without these corrections, only on one condition: the first xbmc launch should be within 2 minutes from windows boot. in this case you can close and reopen xbmc as many times as you want. but if you try to first launch xbmc after the deadly 2 minutes the pc freezes.
so, i supposed that some service or startup application create a conflict with xbmc. i disabled all services and all startup applications but... AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry after the deadly 2 minutes the pc freezes
Can anybody tell me how can resolve the problem?
After this... have anyone a suggestion?
Exactly the same problems here (Asus X53sc-sx045v
Intel i7 2630QM
Ram 8 gb
Hdd 750gb (5400 rpm)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX 1gb
Usb: 1x3.0, 2x2.0)

I think I have to switch to other htpc software, even if I think xbmc is actually the best Sad
pegasus Wrote:Exactly the same problems here (Asus X53sc-sx045v
Intel i7 2630QM
Ram 8 gb
Hdd 750gb (5400 rpm)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX 1gb
Usb: 1x3.0, 2x2.0)

I think I have to switch to other htpc software, even if I think xbmc is actually the best Sad

No plex mediacenter has the same problem
calosgheros Wrote:No plex mediacenter has the same problem

Mediaportal seems to be immune to this
XBMC was running fine for a few months on my new build then after video playback it would freeze. I tried the pci fix and putting it to Off freeze xbmc on start. Setting it to Max seems to have worked.
same here
its working perfect in my Pc ( 32 bit )
but freeeeeeeezing all my laptop ( 64 bit )
I have the same problem. But i am not running a laptop. I run a Mac mini with windows 7 64 bit (bootcamp). I have tried a lot of things with no luck. I am suspecting the network. If i access files localy it works fine but if i tried to access files on a network share it runs slowly, but not always, works fine if i start xbmc from bootup.
Same problem here ( I made another post about it, completely missed this post...). But yeah, I love XBMC, I have a dedicated HTPC with windows 7 and XBMC that works perfectly well. My old atom/ion netbook worked great as well.
From what people are saying, seems to be mostly people with sandybridge CPUs? That's the only remote correlation I can see for everyone...

Mine's a i5-2410M with 6GB DDR3 RAM using the onboard HD3000 iGPU.

+
I should say I've tried the PCI fix, i stopped all startup programs and also all non-MS services. Still getting the same problem.
XBMC works if I load it as soon as the PC starts up, but not if I wait a while... Going by peoples having tried running without any services/startup files, it must be an MS service that's conflicting with it... No?
hero9989 Wrote:From what people are saying, seems to be mostly people with sandybridge CPUs? That's the only remote correlation I can see for everyone...

I was having the same problem with a Toshiba Portege Laptop with the same CPU: i5-2410M with 4GB RAM with HD3000 on Windows 7 Home Prem x64.

I tried everything in this post and many other posts, but XBMC kept freezing my computer, locking one core near 100%, and would never open to kick out an error log. I couldn't get XBMC to open at all. However, I found this thread that suggests installing the latest "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" drivers. I completely erased XBMC, installed the latest Intel driver (the one I installed is linked here) restarted, installed Eden Beta 3 and -- it works! I've only tested XBMC ~8 times since the install, so I can't say for sure that the driver fixed the problem (fingers crossed). But I have started XBMC just after startup and also several hours after startup and it still seems to work. This is a huge improvement for me, because XBMC never worked at all on the laptop prior to this.

I hope that helps. I've been pulling my hair out over this problem for weeks and was about to give up completely on the laptop. Now it looks like there's hope. If it quits working I'll update the thread and will hopefully be able to grab some error log data.
Smile 
dl371 Wrote:I was having the same problem with a Toshiba Portege Laptop with the same CPU: i5-2410M with 4GB RAM with HD3000 on Windows 7 Home Prem x64.

I tried everything in this post and many other posts, but XBMC kept freezing my computer, locking one core near 100%, and would never open to kick out an error log. I couldn't get XBMC to open at all. However, I found this thread that suggests installing the latest "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" drivers. I completely erased XBMC, installed the latest Intel driver (the one I installed is linked here) restarted, installed Eden Beta 3 and -- it works! I've only tested XBMC ~8 times since the install, so I can't say for sure that the driver fixed the problem (fingers crossed). But I have started XBMC just after startup and also several hours after startup and it still seems to work. This is a huge improvement for me, because XBMC never worked at all on the laptop prior to this.

I hope that helps. I've been pulling my hair out over this problem for weeks and was about to give up completely on the laptop. Now it looks like there's hope. If it quits working I'll update the thread and will hopefully be able to grab some error log data.

I upgraded My video driver and followed this post and my problem now is fixed Smile. Thank you
dl371 Wrote:I was having the same problem with a Toshiba Portege Laptop with the same CPU: i5-2410M with 4GB RAM with HD3000 on Windows 7 Home Prem x64.

Thank you so much!!! It worked! Updated the rapid storage driver and now it's perfect. The laptop is only 3 months old - seems very stupid that Toshiba would install such ancient drivers! But still, problem solved, thank you Big Grin
Thank you! That seem to have finally taken care of the problem.

(2012-02-11, 00:15)dl371 Wrote:
hero9989 Wrote:From what people are saying, seems to be mostly people with sandybridge CPUs? That's the only remote correlation I can see for everyone...

I was having the same problem with a Toshiba Portege Laptop with the same CPU: i5-2410M with 4GB RAM with HD3000 on Windows 7 Home Prem x64.

Thanks all for this thread. I am new to XBMC and couldn't figure out if I had just done something wrong, but thanks to these threads I updated the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" drivers and all is well!

BTW, if you're confused about whether your XBMC problem is caused by this issue, check whether one of your "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" or "Storage Controllers" uses the iastor.sys driver. Nothing about my laptop [an ASUS N53S] advertised "Rapid storage technology" so I didn't think it applied, but there it was in my device manager.
Wow that actually seemed to do the trick xD

I too had the issue. Mine allways worked good until like a month ago. Good work guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC freezing Windows 70