how to change the default thumbnail directory for xbmc
the files, thats why anything else than use foldername for lookup wouldnt work out -.-' like this :

merry go round:

ginji-mgr-cd1
ginji-mgr-cd2

xD...see...-.-'
Right. I'm more anal than that. All my files are named what they are. It makes things easier for me in the long run. You should still be able to delete the files in file mode as well as the directory. Once the directory is gone it should not scan it any more.

I just did a test. I deleted an entire directory in file mode. The directory had 3 files in it. All the files and directory were properly deleted.
hell have no idea then what is keeping it still there in file mode, when i access it it sez no movie contained so it has deleted the movie just the empty shell is left aka the folder without the movie but everything else is there aka subs, poster etc etc -.-' , im using aeon mq3,the same is if i remove it in library mode it removes it but the folder containing subs , posters etc ...except no movie file is still on my hdd visible in windows explorer

tried it with my animes that are set as tv episodes , you can see a watched tag icon once you call up the info panel but otherwise no watched tag atleast on the video file that i watched in the anime folder unlike in movies file mode where i get a perfect watched icon on my corresponding video file i watched thou id like for the movie thumb to have the watched icon too much like in library mode ...another weird bug -.-' ...when i autoscan with the anidb addon i get them all scraped but in the end it returns to 0 you can see it in the videos category at the top counter, but when i manually select theyre according metadata it stays -.-',

and i just tested it with a folder containing subs, posters etc etc ...and it worked and it completely removed it from the system including windows explorer completely gone! now we gota figure out how to get the same goin for movies hmmm....

could be cause well in tv episodes you dont have the option to use the folder for lookups at scan , and well im gona change the source from movies by unchecking use foldername for lookup

maybe itll work , lets see .....-.-'

hope this does it rescanning atm -.-'

since tbh back where i had used aeon mq2 with dharma i dont think i selected use foldername for scan ,and ive been wonderin why in hell i was able to direct launch a movie just by accesing the movie thumbnail that was showing in file mode , this usually is only in library mode not to mention the watched icon being on the thumbnail , in file mode the watched icon is on the video file itself as already said,anyhow since in file mode usually itd first open the folder when you acces the thumbnail and then id select the .avi or whatnot video file and then launch the movie not immediately launch it as soon as i select the movie thumbnail , i actually have a feeling this is gona work out ....ill keep ya updated

well a little update i thourougly tested the deleting thing with library mode and file mode after unchecking use foldername for lookup

and the results are as is :

library mode will remove the movie from the library and delete the movie file , the rest stays on youre hdd aka the folder containing the subs , jpegs etc etc

now with file mode its like this, you select delete and it removes it ...completely from xbmc and the complete selected movie folder , so there ya have it library is as said useless ...

and doing one more huge monster test with the alien anthology blueray collection i have , just about finished with making a backup , in order to see if it completely removes it in files mode

since it has several movies within one folder and them emselfs having metadata and posters asigned to them , give me a sec .....

well the finals are in .....it completely removed it ...once again only files mode can do this !!! and this time it works

so you was right about unchecking the use foldername for lookup setting , thanks kricker!!!!!!!!!!!

so now all thats left is , is there a way to get this problem fixed that i mentioned you know that when i autoscan my anime tv episodes folder with the anidb scrapper that once it finishes returns to 0 aka no metadata

if i try to access the info panel in my anime it wants me to download the metadata ...again? ....so where in hell did the autoscrapped metadata go? its like it autoscrapped and once finish auto removed the scrapped metadata too ...-.-'

and is there a way to make aeon mq3 asign watched icons to one folder up of the video file , so i can see from the main movies menu the watched icon on my movie thumb?
helpHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to change the default thumbnail directory for xbmc1