[AppleTV2] XBMC and 4.4?
Rainbow 
Does XBMC work on iOS 4.4 on Apple TV 2? Will Eden (when it's officially released), work on this new update?

I think that Apple just releases these incremental updates for all their devices to annoy the jailbreak creators and people who write plugins.
Kinda (if you count tethered booting working). Probably. Wait and see.
I'm running it on 4.4.4 tethered without any issues so far. Watched a few movies and tv episodes over smb share, listen to a couple music albums also over smb share, no stuttering or other issues.
Kind of an ignorant question here...is issuing "killall AppleTV" the same as rebooting? In other words, when XBMC freezes and I issue that command, am I rebooting the Apple TV, or is something else happening?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
canadave Wrote:Kind of an ignorant question here...is issuing "killall AppleTV" the same as rebooting? In other words, when XBMC freezes and I issue that command, am I rebooting the Apple TV, or is something else happening?

No, "killall" kills the named process. If you want to reboot, then the command is... reboot.

ps aux, that will list all processes

lanuchd will see that the AppleTV.app process is gone and relaunch it.
davilla Wrote:No, "killall" kills the named process. If you want to reboot, then the command is... reboot.

ps aux, that will list all processes

lanuchd will see that the AppleTV.app process is gone and relaunch it.

Thanks davilla...part of my interest in XBMC is learning about these things Smile
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] XBMC and 4.4?0