• 112(current)
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
(2012-05-18, 16:33)hernandito Wrote: Scared me, made me feel like a complete dummy... I think I have managed to do it... I just don't know how to go from here.

https://github.com/hernandito/Maraschino-Portal

Excellent work, well done on figuring it out Smile

I've added a link to the project on the Maraschino website FAQ:

Quote:Are there any cool add-ons or extra bits for Maraschino?

Maraschino user hernandito created a frame wrapper for Maraschino called Maraschino Portal, which shows Maraschino inside a frame. Outside of the frame are a number of useful tools, such as RSS feeds and drop-down menus to various forums and related sites and tools. It requires Maraschino to be installed as normal.

I didn't add it to Maraschino by default as it's not the specific direction that I wanted to take it in, but lots of people like it (and I do think that it's pretty cool!)

Here's a screenshot if you want to take a look, and you can get it on GitHub.
Maraschino - a web frontend for your XBMC HTPC
Project homepage | XBMC forum thread
I know I haven't been active with this project in what seems like forever, so I contacted hernandito last night and started to port his project over to PHP. I know Maraschino is about simplicity and doing this adds PHP as a server requirement that not all users will be fond of or know how to add to their system. The main reason I did it this way though was to migrate all the HTPC related stuff (hostname's, ports, etc) over to variables in an external file so that the users that can run this only need to edit that single file.

So, the two questions I have:
  • Are there users willing/able to run PHP on their systems that are interested in this?
  • If there is a high enough demand for this, should I add it to my GitHub or should it be added as a branch on hernandito's (since it was ported from his work)

---Edit 2---
Yesterday was the first upgrade I've done in at least a couple weeks and I can't get images to load in the "recent" modules (which doesn't bother me too much since I can use Compact and ignore it) but the part that bothers me is the image that is supposed to display in the bottom bar while media playing (cover art, left of the remote buttons). If I check the image URL on the movie "The Mask" for example, I get http://192.168.1.2:7000/xhr/vfs_proxy/im...cmovie.tbn which will come up as a dead image (even if I manually log into XBMC's web interface beforehand). The entire time media is playing I get a continuous error (just keeps repeating every couple seconds) in regard to 4 different lines in the wsgiserver2.py which I have no idea how to fix... maybe it's a Windows things since I know most of you guys are on Linux.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
I would like to make a suggestion,

With Marachino now taking over the need for me to check sickbeard everyday (through chrome) is it possible to get an update icon to show when there is an update for sickbeard or chouchpotato?

like when an update is pushed for sickbeard, maraschino will notify you via the homepage of an update. I just launched sickbeard and was shocked to see how outdated it was! Did not even realise it needed an update.
Just a quick update that I whipped together this afternoon - a very simple recently added episodes browser for mobile devices.

I frequently find myself sitting down to dinner / pouring wine / led on the couch feeling lazy, and wanting to know what new media Sickbeard has added to XBMC for me. Browsing to the "recently added" section of XBMC takes time (plus it means that you can't already be watching something in XBMC). Maraschino on a tablet works fine and all, but the interface is not optimised.

The solution is now to go to /mobile (i.e. "http://your-maraschino-url/mobile" - this is what you will see:

Like I said, it's very simple, but it solves an (admittedly minor) problem Smile

It's a scrollable list of the episodes recently added to XBMC. Episodes that you have already watched have a tick next to them. Touching an episode will play it in XBMC. As you can see, there are also play/pause and stop controls (which are in a fixed position regardless of where you are when scrolling). Touching the Maraschino logo takes you to the full desktop version of Maraschino.

In the future I plan to expand it to be a full library browser that looks sweet on tablets (because the XBMC remote on tablets looks okay, not sweet - and it doesn't have a "recently added" section as far as I know). It could also be expanded to have much, much more... but we'll see Smile

I decided to release it now because it's completely separate to the main Maraschino application (it's on the /mobile URL), so all it's doing is providing a little something extra. Hopefully some of you will find it useful.

Enjoy!

P.S. This is a cross-post from the Maraschino forums.
Maraschino - a web frontend for your XBMC HTPC
Project homepage | XBMC forum thread
(2012-05-19, 17:30)krish_2k4 Wrote: I would like to make a suggestion,

With Marachino now taking over the need for me to check sickbeard everyday (through chrome) is it possible to get an update icon to show when there is an update for sickbeard or chouchpotato?

like when an update is pushed for sickbeard, maraschino will notify you via the homepage of an update. I just launched sickbeard and was shocked to see how outdated it was! Did not even realise it needed an update.

I believe it is possible for sickbeard.

CP is still developing it's API so I am not sure right now.

(2012-05-19, 19:08)mrkipling Wrote: Just a quick update that I whipped together this afternoon - a very simple recently added episodes browser for mobile devices.

I frequently find myself sitting down to dinner / pouring wine / led on the couch feeling lazy, and wanting to know what new media Sickbeard has added to XBMC for me. Browsing to the "recently added" section of XBMC takes time (plus it means that you can't already be watching something in XBMC). Maraschino on a tablet works fine and all, but the interface is not optimised.

The solution is now to go to /mobile (i.e. "http://your-maraschino-url/mobile" - this is what you will see:

Like I said, it's very simple, but it solves an (admittedly minor) problem Smile

It's a scrollable list of the episodes recently added to XBMC. Episodes that you have already watched have a tick next to them. Touching an episode will play it in XBMC. As you can see, there are also play/pause and stop controls (which are in a fixed position regardless of where you are when scrolling). Touching the Maraschino logo takes you to the full desktop version of Maraschino.

In the future I plan to expand it to be a full library browser that looks sweet on tablets (because the XBMC remote on tablets looks okay, not sweet - and it doesn't have a "recently added" section as far as I know). It could also be expanded to have much, much more... but we'll see Smile

I decided to release it now because it's completely separate to the main Maraschino application (it's on the /mobile URL), so all it's doing is providing a little something extra. Hopefully some of you will find it useful.

Enjoy!

P.S. This is a cross-post from the Maraschino forums.

I really like this. Mainly because it is a start for the "transition" to a mobile interface for mobile devices. Really feel we were lacking that part.

Maraschino - github - website
(2012-05-19, 15:50)mrkipling Wrote: I've added a link to the project on the Maraschino website FAQ

Great news... mrkipling, can you help him figure out how to make his code auto-scale to fit the user's screen? This is the only thing really missing it seems.

Smile

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin.... I already altered hernandito's project to auto scale, so the next release will be fine. If you can't wait, PM me and I'll send you a document later today with the javascript code needed and where to put it (in the txt file, cause not sure the forums would like it in a straight PM)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
(2012-05-20, 21:47)Archigos Wrote: Livin.... I already altered hernandito's project to auto scale, so the next release will be fine. If you can't wait, PM me and I'll send you a document later today with the javascript code needed and where to put it (in the txt file, cause not sure the forums would like it in a straight PM)

Very cool... good to know.

I have not installed Maraschino yet... I've been waiting till a Linux guru did a how-to, or build a package to run it from my Synology NAS. I'm a windows guy - not Linux, I don't have the skills to try to get it running on the NAS.

Guys,

It is with great pleasure to announce that Archigos and I have been refining the Maraschino Portal. He has taken the idea and created many great improvements. As I stated earlier, with Maraschino at the forefront, this project is about creating a single unified experience for managing everything related to XBMC, media research and acquisition, as well as reading and participating in the community.

He will be creating a Github for this project and I will help him as best I can.

We would love to hear comments and suggestions.

Thanks,

H.

I haven't slept in what feels like days, so I just took some sleeping pills... whenever I get around to waking up I'll re-install Git on my laptop so I can up the current version of the portal.

@Livin:
Although this is posted in the Maraschino thread and has a lot of focus on it, the portal hernandito and I are doing doesn't technically require it... in fact, the only requirement for it is running some version of PHP5.x, otherwise it just utilizes already existing links from the other apps you're running (as well as standard web URL's if desired).
(2012-05-21, 19:16)Archigos Wrote: Although this is posted in the Maraschino thread and has a lot of focus on it, the portal hernandito and I are doing doesn't technically require it... in fact, the only requirement for it is running some version of PHP5.x, otherwise it just utilizes already existing links from the other apps you're running (as well as standard web URL's if desired).

Yes but the rest of Maraschino requires running a few things... none of which I know how to setup on my Synology.

Living Maraschino basically has the same requirements as SAB, Sickbeard and Couch Poatato. Do you have those running on your Synology? I do not have a Synology NAS.

I hate to say that if you have a NAS, sooner or later you are going to have to do some type of Linux stuff. The instructionas are very clear on the Maraschino web site... You will need to install it to an internal directory in the NAS OS, and edit the start-up script to launch it with this command:

Code:
nohup python /path/to/maraschino/folder/Maraschino.py &

If placing this in the auto start-up script is too hard, simply execute this via the terminal on the NAS OS after every reboot.

The other alternative would be to install OpenELEC on one of your HTPCs. In OE, you can easily add Maraschino (albeit an older version) as an add-on inside XBMC. Reboot and it will start up...

Lastly, can Maraschino be run from Windows? This means installing Python, and cherry.py... I do not know the steps for that, but that is an easy Google. I know if can be done from a Mac.

hernandito
Yes, I have SAB, SB, and CP running... and Python is installed. The info you provided (thank you) may have given me a good start. I'll take a look at it this afternoon and see if I can get it running.

I have done Linux command line and structure stuff before many times... BUT I'm not familiar with the Linux system itself, so not knowing how it works, what is dependance on what, etc... this makes trying to install something from scratch - without a linux guru's guidance, a bad idea. I don't want to break (and need to redo/fix) a system I'm dependent on 24x7.

I run XBMC on windows today - but I'm trying to slowly move things to my NAS as much as possible (low power, on 24x7) and then move to a low-powered XBMC "set top" system.

thx for the help - I'll let you know where I get to in a few hours.
If you get to the terminal you may want to type the following commands first:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
sudo apt-get install cherrypy

If the program name is not the right name, it may tell you what it is.
The low end set tops are perfect for running OpenElec.... I have tried XBMC.Live, and XBMCbuntu (lots of crashes on movie playback) and finally OE... as easy as it can get.
@hernandito:
Yeah, Maraschino runs perfectly fine on Windows (I have XBMC, Maraschino, Sab, SB, CP, and a few others all running on the same Windows system that serves as my HTPC). I wrote a guide for installing Maraschino on Windows awhile back, I'm sure it's gotten even easier since than, although pretty simple to begin with.

Anyway, the point of this post is that I took a break from editing the HTPCPortal and wrote a half-ass readme file and uploaded the entire thing to GitHub (the Repo is Here) for everybody. Please make sure to check the Readme.md before using it...

Requires: PHP5, network (internal or external) access to your other HTPC apps.
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC4