How can I tell if this cable is HDMI 1.4 for real?
I think XBMC will play 3D content, but it doesn't support the HDMI 1.4 command that your TV needs to "switch" into 3D mode, so you'd have to press the button yourself.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure XBMC doesn't support "Full HD 3D" (meaning 1080p to each eye) yet. It'll require an ffmpeg update for that. Don't know what the status is with Eden, but possibly they'll update it there? Perhaps an XBMC dev can elaborate on this.

hth.
lloydsmart Wrote:I think XBMC will play 3D content, but it doesn't support the HDMI 1.4 command that your TV needs to "switch" into 3D mode, so you'd have to press the button yourself.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure XBMC doesn't support "Full HD 3D" (meaning 1080p to each eye) yet. It'll require an ffmpeg update for that. Don't know what the status is with Eden, but possibly they'll update it there? Perhaps an XBMC dev can elaborate on this.

hth.

Do you recommend an application that will do Full HD 3D if XBMC isn't ready for prime time with this feature? Thanks!
evanesce Wrote:Do you recommend an application that will do Full HD 3D if XBMC isn't ready for prime time with this feature? Thanks!
powerdvd 11 and arcsoft tmt5 are two great players!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:powerdvd 11 and arcsoft tmt5 are two great players!

OK I got powerDVD 11 and it still won't switch the 3D mode on the TV. Gotta press the button, ARGH! Wish it would just work ;(
Don't think anyone has mentioned that 1.4 also has ethernet and audio return channel.
sialivi Wrote:Don't think anyone has mentioned that 1.4 also has ethernet and audio return channel.
all the information is in post #3.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
evanesce Wrote:Do you recommend an application that will do Full HD 3D if XBMC isn't ready for prime time with this feature? Thanks!
Bino player...
http://bino3d.org/download.html

There is even an addon to integrate it with xbmc.

XBMC as it stands only supports half-sbs which irrespective of what tv you have you generally need to tell the tv that it's a 3d movie and switch it into that mode.
ProphetVX Wrote:Bino player...
http://bino3d.org/download.html

There is even an addon to integrate it with xbmc.

XBMC as it stands only supports half-sbs which irrespective of what tv you have you generally need to tell the tv that it's a 3d movie and switch it into that mode.

Oh no, XBMC only supports half-sbs?? Then what's the point of having a "Group 7" compliant htpc hardware as recommended by eskro's post? Group 6 and under can also do half-sbs and only needs HDMI 1.3

That was my whole basis of upgrading my hardware just so it's known Sad

ProphetVX Wrote:Bino player...
Thank you for the suggestion, I'll look into that Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I tell if this cable is HDMI 1.4 for real?0