Newbie. 2010 Dell st3500 w 1 GB Nvidia Quatro 600
Video 
I just fired up this old computer with window 10 on it. I could sure use some good advice about how this could work for me.  I need both the outputs from the Nvidia quatro 600 at the same time.  One to go to my new three channel QAM modulator and one to my TV.  This stuff is 2010 vintage.

Is the Nvidia Quatro with 1Gig a viable video card for use on Kodi?  I would like to try it since it is FREE!

The Nvidia Quatro that is in it has a dvi-d port and an HDMI port.  I have the dvi-d port connected to a monitor and would like to have a converter from HDMI to the new Modulator.  Is it fair to say there is the same picture at the same time on both of these outputs?  Or would using an HDMI splitter of the one output with the converter on one and the HDMI to the display / tv be a better solution?

Channel Vision’s CVT3ub/uhf is a 3-input RF modulator that creates user selectable TV channels from standard composite video signals. In addition to creating a whole-house audio video system, these units also provide an integrated IR repeating system that runs over the same coax that delivers video to your TV set. Features: 3-input modulator Built-in IR over coax system LED display and pushbutton programming +25dBmV output Specifications: Video: NTSC Audio: L&R summed Monaural Freq.

Thanks!

There are HDMI to A/V convertors on ebay that are real cheep but take a slow boat to get here.  I know the resolution will suffer but it is fine because I will be using small monitors / TV's to watch around the house connected to the RG-59u Type f system with splitters etc.
Vintage isn't something that has a lot of support, The Nvidia Quarto covers a lot of ground, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Quadro it's anyone's guess. Supported hardware (wiki)
You should be alright with DVI-D and HDMI using windows duplicate display function. What you plug the HDMI into might bring issues with HDCP handshaking (but it sounds like the equipment was manufactured before the standard, it's worth a shot.) HDMI is digital, while composite is analog.. stay with digital as much as you can to avoid signal loss.

Channel Vision’s CVT3ub/uhf is a 3-input RF modulator; strange stuff makes me think you should have spent a bit of time in these forums entertaining alternate methods.
Wink 
(2019-03-26, 06:32)PatK Wrote: Vintage isn't something that has a lot of support, The Nvidia Quarto covers a lot of ground, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Quadro it's anyone's guess. Supported hardware (wiki)
You should be alright with DVI-D and HDMI using windows duplicate display function. What you plug the HDMI into might bring issues with HDCP handshaking (but it sounds like the equipment was manufactured before the standard, it's worth a shot.) HDMI is digital, while composite is analog.. stay with digital as much as you can to avoid signal loss.

Channel Vision’s CVT3ub/uhf is a 3-input RF modulator; strange stuff makes me think you should have spent a bit of time in these forums entertaining alternate methods.
(2019-03-27, 00:14)iconn2222 Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 06:32)PatK Wrote: Vintage isn't something that has a lot of support, The Nvidia Quarto covers a lot of ground, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Quadro it's anyone's guess. Supported hardware (wiki)

I found that I have a new hauppauge wintv-hvr hybrid tv stick 950Q that I want to use.  This will connect to my new channel master antenna on the roof.
Now what I do not understand because of the sparse info on Kodi specification is how all this stuff integrates into one software package.  What I want to do is integrated ethernet, tv tuner, stored video, netfiix, maybe roku.  I consider all these io devices to be managed by Kodi.  Is there a "manual" that explains the capabilities of Kodi?  I spent all yesterday looking here and there and nothing was very coherent to me.  Maybe it is just me.  There is this thing where you press a button and some install starts.  What exactly is installing?  I am not sure.
(2019-03-27, 00:21)iconn2222 Wrote: I do not understand because of the sparse info on Kodi specification is how all this stuff integrates into one software package. 
You are touching on subjects that at times can seen quite complex and without a coherent road map on what you want done, it'll be explaining the capabilities of individual components and still the answers may be elusive. Our Hardware forum has many users that have adapted various hardware and software solutions, from home theatre to hotel media systems and it's a good place to start. Understanding the capabilities of Kodi begins with the 'about' linked from the 'News' at the top of the page and ends with the 'Wiki' which can be regarded as the user manual.

-ethernet, that's the way you would set-up a hardwired connection between various computers.
-tv tuner, that will allow you to receive OTA broadcast singals, and in some cases where cable is UN-encyrpted access to cable, all through a nice interface within Kodi.
-stored video, This is where Kodi excels, taking your own media and creating a library that anyone would be proud to display.
-netfiix, There is add-ons that will allow for 3rd party streaming.
-maybe roku; not likely.. the Roku device is a proprietary service.

How all of this could work together: ->  Let's say you had a modern PC with a supported gfx card, Install Kodi with a TV tuner, and possible PVR come into play, let's say you have a wide collection of movies ripped to hardware, they become available to play through Kodi. Add a small Android device in your bedroom and connect via wifi or ethernet, establish Kodi on it and share the library, perhaps each room in the house has a small Raspberry all sync to one library. Take that a step further and a NAS might enter the picture and all satellite systems have equal access to movies, music images etc.
(2019-03-27, 01:46)PatK Wrote:
(2019-03-27, 00:21)iconn2222 Wrote: I do not understand because of the sparse info on Kodi specification is how all this stuff integrates into one software package. 
You are touching on subjects that at times can seen quite complex and without a coherent road map on what you want done, it'll be explaining the capabilities of individual components and still the answers may be elusive. Our Hardware forum has many users that have adapted various hardware and software solutions, from home theatre to hotel media systems and it's a good place to start. Understanding the capabilities of Kodi begins with the 'about' linked from the 'News' at the top of the page and ends with the 'Wiki' which can be regarded as the user manual.

-ethernet, that's the way you would set-up a hardwired connection between various computers.
-tv tuner, that will allow you to receive OTA broadcast singals, and in some cases where cable is UN-encyrpted access to cable, all through a nice interface within Kodi.
-stored video, This is where Kodi excels, taking your own media and creating a library that anyone would be proud to display.
-netfiix, There is add-ons that will allow for 3rd party streaming.
-maybe roku; not likely.. the Roku device is a proprietary service.

How all of this could work together: ->  Let's say you had a modern PC with a supported gfx card, Install Kodi with a TV tuner, and possible PVR come into play, let's say you have a wide collection of movies ripped to hardware, they become available to play through Kodi. Add a small Android device in your bedroom and connect via wifi or ethernet, establish Kodi on it and share the library, perhaps each room in the house has a small Raspberry all sync to one library. Take that a step further and a NAS might enter the picture and all satellite systems have equal access to movies, music images etc. 
I think you are saying "Try it you will like it".  It is like a table to lay your goodies on.  I get it.  I also have ethernet all over the house but was not aware that ethernet could carry HD with any real fidelity.  Also it would seem to interfere with internet connectivity (unless I buy a powerful router?)  I have had this wireless / hardware router for many years.
Thanks that helped a lot.  I guess I will plow forward.  I am trying to use a German product called Pargon to make an image before going forward and it seems to not find the backup external drive.
(2019-03-27, 02:05)iconn2222 Wrote: carry HD with any real fidelity.  Also it would seem to interfere with internet connectivity
It's all digital data, moving video files or data files is a matter of zero's and one's, you can throw them through a wifi connection (but you'll limit the PQ a bit) or use Ethernet to stream the sources and I doubt there would be any slow down even with internet connectivity. I've seen personal videos played on a local Kodi from sources half way round the world, Ethernet is plenty fast if you have cat5 wiring around your house. Most of this signal would go through a router or direct to/from a NAS, Investigate the hardware forum and layout your plans and see what other users are doing and their suggestions, this forum is primarily for windows o/s support with Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie. 2010 Dell st3500 w 1 GB Nvidia Quatro 6000