"Lock" Video View Mode
I'm currently using 2 instances of XBMC Live. On each, I'm using a generic Windows Media Center Remote.

The issue I'm facing is that frequently my wife or young daughter accidentally will press the "OK/Select" button during video playback. Neither of them are techies so they simply see numbers spinning around for a moment and then never think about it again. However, the default behavior of this button during video playback is to alter the Video View Mode.

So I will often walk by, notice that the aspect ration or quality looks odd, and sure enough, they've changed the setting again.

Is there any way to "lock" the video view mode so that it cannot be changed from the "normal" setting? Or at least prevent this button from performing that action during playback?

My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but a scan of the wiki and forum did not provide an answer. Thanks.
You could edit the mapping file to remove the mapping for the OK/Select button. Which mapping file needs changing depends on what remote you're using.

JR
Thanks, I used to use a Snapstream Firefly which required heavy map editing to function correctly, so I'll ultimately end up digging out my old notes and probably doing it that way. Just wasn't sure if there might be an alternate or simpler solution.

Thanks for the reply, mate.
Search for "AspectRatio" in the mapping file under VideoOSD (I believe) - you might also want to delete "FullScreen" from there as well which brings you back out to the menu with a "Now Playing" window/background.
live4ever Wrote:Search for "AspectRatio" in the mapping file under VideoOSD (I believe) - you might also want to delete "FullScreen" from there as well which brings you back out to the menu with a "Now Playing" window/background.

That worked perfectly, mate. Thanks for the reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Lock" Video View Mode0