best passive cooling Video card?
Hey guys,
i think i'm going to be turning my server also into a XBMC machine. Then i can free up the HTPC and move it elsewhere.

What is currently the best Passive cooling card out there? Most likely running it on a Windows Home server 2011 (based on 2008).

Looking for:
1080p
Bitstream Hidef Audio
3D support

cost isn't really a concern.
Thanks in Advance.
take a look at the stickies, in my HTPC guide, i suggest GPU cards.
r8lee Wrote:Looking for:
1080p
Bitstream Hidef Audio
3D support

cost isn't really a concern. Thanks in Advance.

here are your choices:

GIGABYTE GV-R677SL-1GD Radeon HD 6770

this one might be the best-
PowerColor SCS3 AX6850
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
when i mentioned cost wasn't a concern, i didn't mean it had to be the absolute best there is, but i guess i should have expected that lol.

but i don't thikn i need something that overkill.
r8lee Wrote:when i mentioned cost wasn't a concern, i didn't mean it had to be the absolute best there is, but i guess i should have expected that lol.

but i don't thikn i need something that overkill.
when i saw the "best" and "cost isn't a concern", i thought that you want to go all out!

for what you need it for, this one should be a great choice- HIS H657HS2G Radeon HD 6570 2GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
bluray Wrote:when i saw the "best" and "cost isn't a concern", i thought that you want to go all out!

for what you need it for, this one should be a great choice- HIS H657HS2G Radeon HD 6570 2GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

thanks Smile
exactly what I was going to ask, except I might go for the top of the line >Smile

It's my first time building a pc, so I was wondering, Would that graphics card do well in this silverstone case ?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6811163174

Here's the view of the case click here
Zotac GT430 Zone?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...430%20zone
For that Silverstone case, you need a low profile. To date, only the 6570 card bluray linked to would fit.
Kirky99 Wrote:For that Silverstone case, you need a low profile. To date, only the 6570 card bluray linked to would fit.

Thanks for the info. I want to go with GIGABYTE GV-R677SL-1GD Radeon HD 6770 . Could you recommend a case that looks like a media center piece and can fit that card?
shateredsoul Wrote:Thanks for the info. I want to go with GIGABYTE GV-R677SL-1GD Radeon HD 6770 . Could you recommend a case that looks like a media center piece and can fit that card?
this atx case seem to have the right height and lenght to fit it- SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum / Steel Lascala Series LC13B-E ATX Media Center.

here is the full spec on the case- SST-LC13B-E.
Look nice ! But reviewers seemed unhappy w cooling, and still mention cramped fit. Some mentioned it won't fit a full-size graphics card. Maybe the used a full-size mono?
shateredsoul Wrote:Look nice ! But reviewers seemed unhappy w cooling, and still mention cramped fit. Some mentioned it won't fit a full-size graphics card. Maybe the used a full-size mono?
you can use this to find the proper size case for your needs- select the enclosure according to your needs
nice! Thanks I appreciate the link!
shateredsoul Wrote:Thanks for the info. I want to go with GIGABYTE GV-R677SL-1GD Radeon HD 6770 . Could you recommend a case that looks like a media center piece and can fit that card?

the silverstone GD04/GD05

or

nMediaPC 6000B

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best passive cooling Video card?0