annoying problem adding music
I have added my music source, it shows up in the music menu as list but i want to view wall so i pop out the side menu and select library mode, it then complains that there are no files present and i need to populate it via the files window..ok so i exit out back to main menu, this time on the music selection i press down to enter the sub menu and select files, i can still see the directory i added before hand so i remove that as source and do it again..still i cant get library mode to activate without it saying it needs to be populated...this seems to be a bug as i have added the source ??
You have added the source yes, but you haven't music in your library, that's why you can only see the list view, so that means you can only access music by choosing files mode.
There are several skins allowing you to use more views for music files.
Btw, maybe you should tell us which of the aeon skins you're using.
Somewhat confusing. i am using mq2. having added the source then surely xbmc then fills the library ? thats what happens with movies, why not the same with music ? Or are you saying the source i have added is void of music files ? thats not the case... the current view it is showing me lets me play the file and plays the song, it just wont let me switch on library view...clearly i am confused and missing something here.
after a lot more fumbling its adding to the library...i had to right click on the source after adding it and then select 'scan item to library'..never had to do this with movies, just added source and off it went.

I have enabled library view now but i am still getting the list in front...is it possible to use views like wall, multiplex etc with music ?
loady Wrote:after a lot more fumbling its adding to the library...i had to right click on the source after adding it and then select 'scan item to library'..never had to do this with movies, just added source and off it went.

I have enabled library view now but i am still getting the list in front...is it possible to use views like wall, multiplex etc with music ?

Most likely because in video source content menus, there's a button that says "Run Automated Scan" which isn't present in Music. You have to scan manually.
loady Wrote:after a lot more fumbling its adding to the library...i had to right click on the source after adding it and then select 'scan item to library'..never had to do this with movies, just added source and off it went.

You really should take your time to manage your music library, before doing that a suggestion. Take care of your file structure and sort your folders by artists. That way you'll have a great use of all the extra stuff like cdart, artist clearlogos, artists extrafanart ... Another suggestion switch to a most recent skin as mq2 is outdated. Mq3 or aeon nox are offering all these new features and other great stuff. You can ask everyone here and everyone will tell ya that's quite annoing to setup music library, but once is done correctly it's a pleasure. About your problem with list view, you should check the settings and enable the views you want. Once they are enabled, press left for view options menu and choose the layout you want. Be sure you don't have kiosk mode enabled!
Good luck Smile
Thanks for advice. when you say sort by artist do you mean to do that to the files on my server or at the xbmc end after importing as that would be a huge job, my music downloads and extracts to folder as artist-album name. whats the score with comoilations like now albums ?

All views are enabled and kiosk mode is not on. should i be doing this globally rather than from the music section.

I gave thought to mq3 but im awaiting the dharma general release as the ore eden one is a bit buggy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
annoying problem adding music0