Library Update can't find server, but can play server files fine.
When ever I select to update or auto update the library on start up, I get the warning message that it cannot find the server.

However I can play files through the video library (generated from a scan a while back) and through the files sections with no problems.
Any ideas what the issue is? Thanks

[I currently using the nightly from the 22nd Oct 11
The server is windows 7 based and the media is shared via a homegroup in windows to an AMD Fusion based running on windows 7. (both 64 bit)]
The "cannot find server" warning is the scraper trying to contact whatever web server you've set as the info for the source. Does the connection to the Internet work in XBMC e.g. do the weather info and the RSS info at the bottom of the home screen work?

JR
Thanks for the reply

Yes I can see the weather and rss so it connects to the Internet

Interestingly after you mentioning the scrapers I checked the setting. Films are set to use MovieDB and tv shows TvDB. Which is standard. I then amended the settings to enable automated scan for each source (previously I just had it set to scan on startup in the general settings). This still gave the same error when changing the sources for films but tv sources updated correctly

This suggests that the issue is with the MovieDB scraper. Testing this if I change to an IMDB scraper (I thought IMBD no longer approved of scraping their site) then that starts king through the update process

Any ideas on how to fix the MovieDB scraper? Does anyone else have this issue with it? Thanks.
I have been having the same issue with MovieDB for a couple days.

TvDB works fine here as well.

Frustrating Sad
I too have been having this issue and had to add a host of movies manually Sad

I think it's either a website or plugin issue as its only been happening the last few days for me (still is today too)
Had the same problem, but turned out youtube plugin for some reason was not installed anymore. After installing it again, Moviedb works like a charm.
Kane69 Wrote:Had the same problem, but turned out youtube plugin for some reason was not installed anymore. After installing it again, Moviedb works like a charm.

That worked for me..
Thanks.
Thumbs Up 
Kane69 Wrote:Had the same problem, but turned out youtube plugin for some reason was not installed anymore. After installing it again, Moviedb works like a charm.

wow, that worked for me too!

THANKS!! Big Grin
Glad I could be of help guys :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Update can't find server, but can play server files fine.0