Question about software and blu-ray player
Maybe not the "right" sub-forum where to put it, but since it can impact on the build of a HTPC...

I was wondering something about BD player and software needed to read the BD.

If I buy a license for a software (for example PowerDVD), will I be able to use the same license and decrypt a BD in say.... 5 years? Or is it a gimmick where newer disc have a new encryption, thus forcing us to buy a new license... etc... ?

What do you think?

Thanks!
Hey Balinus, gonna watch the habs game tonight? Tongue

ok, what u need to buy to decrypt bluray discs is ANYDVD-HD...
once you have that, the rest is history...

i believe its a one time fee and thats it...
Balinus Wrote:Maybe not the "right" sub-forum where to put it, but since it can impact on the build of a HTPC...

I was wondering something about BD player and software needed to read the BD.

If I buy a license for a software (for example PowerDVD), will I be able to use the same license and decrypt a BD in say.... 5 years? Or is it a gimmick where newer disc have a new encryption, thus forcing us to buy a new license... etc... ?

What do you think?

Thanks!
you can do this to decrypt and watch bluray with xbmc- post #271. anydvd hd is 119eur for lifetime, and it's the best in the market. you can try the free dvdfab passkey first!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
eskro Wrote:Hey Balinus, gonna watch the habs game tonight? Tongue

ok, what u need to buy to decrypt bluray discs is ANYDVD-HD...
once you have that, the rest is history...

i believe its a one time fee and thats it...

Nope, I was actually playing hockey at my league. Smile At last, a victory by the Habs!

bluray Wrote:you can do this to decrypt and watch bluray with xbmc- post #271. anydvd hd is 119eur for lifetime, and it's the best in the market. you can try the free dvdfab passkey first!

Thanks guys. Well, if I sum it up... 100$ W7 license, ~60$ BD player, ~130$ license to read commercial BD disc... total of : 290$!

I was beginning to consider W7 for the HTPC, but it's quite expensive! For 290, I could get the best standalone BD player that exist right now! Unless there's something I'm missing?

I'm gonna pass finally..!

Thanks! See you around. Smile
My Samsung came with BR software bundled, try to find one of those deals.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Can you just play a BR on a drive with FFDshow codex to WMP?
Balinus Wrote:Thanks guys. Well, if I sum it up... 100$ W7 license, ~60$ BD player, ~130$ license to read commercial BD disc... total of : 290$!

Wow! Why would you ever spend 130$ on a piece of software to play a BD discs? The standard version of PowerDVD 11 cost 50$.

I even got a free version of it when I bought my BD drive for my desktop computer.
Kratlusker Wrote:Wow! Why would you ever spend 130$ on a piece of software to play a BD discs? The standard version of PowerDVD 11 cost 50$.

I even got a free version of it when I bought my BD drive for my desktop computer.

3D playback and 7 channel HD audio...Your free version does not have that functionality.
outatouch0 Wrote:My Samsung came with BR software bundled, try to find one of those deals.

Kratlusker Wrote:Wow! Why would you ever spend 130$ on a piece of software to play a BD discs? The standard version of PowerDVD 11 cost 50$.

I see! My fear with the standard version is the possible needed upgrade to decode future BD disc. Like a new encryption pattern that would need a newer version of PowerDVD for example. (If I was running this business, that's what I would do to screw you! hehehe j/k)

Indeed, if it comes bundled with a BD drive, then it's where I should begin!

Thanks!

Jetster Wrote:Can you just play a BR on a drive with FFDshow codex to WMP?

I will have to look into that, I dont' know FFDshow.. Thanks!
Jetster Wrote:Can you just play a BR on a drive with FFDshow codex to WMP?
you can playback bluray in variety ways, but you'll need bluray decrypter to playback it. with anydvd hd in the background, xbmc can playback bd directly on bd-rom too.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:with anydvd hd in the background, xbmc can playback bd directly on bd-rom too.

+1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about software and blu-ray player0