Minimum Specs needed?
Is there somewhere we have compiled a list of what's current, and also minimum needed? There's so much conflicting information, and much of what I'm finding is from the first month or two of this year...

I'm currently running an apple TV2 for xmbc. It's great, most of the time. I do occasionally run into some stuttering / buffering issues though, and I'm considering moving into a HTPC type box for the bedroom TV being installed this weekend.

I looked at the "intro to HTPC" sticky, but again, a lot of that stuff is early 2011, and we're almost done with the year now. What's the current "minimum needed"? Basically, I need to be able to stream 1080p from a file server with nice clean menu animations.

Speed of processor? Processor Generation? GPU needs? Can I get away with an ION GPU? Any specific sort of "no lower then XYZ ION GPU"? Anything of that nature?

Thanks in advance!
have you read this post?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=843683
check eskro's guide. Those hardware listed should be able to play 1080p.
WhiteLighter Wrote:check eskro's guide. Those hardware listed should be able to play 1080p.

+1, hardware listed is confirmed capable of playing FULL 1080P
thejon Wrote:Basically, I need to be able to stream 1080p from a file server with nice clean menu animations.

Speed of processor? Processor Generation? GPU needs? Can I get away with an ION GPU? Any specific sort of "no lower then XYZ ION GPU"? Anything of that nature?

Method of Streaming ? What about your network setup. If you plan to do this wireless... That is another thing to consider. Hate to see you set this all up just to be dissapointed.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimum Specs needed?0