[MOD] Tube Travel Status Update
Cheers Eddie Nod
eddiem Wrote:Don't know if it helps but there are Android App's for Edinburgh.
http://code.google.com/p/androidedinburghbustracker/
http://code.google.com/p/redbus/

No idea how android stuff is coded but I'll see if I can pick out the data source that the code uses!
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Well, I've found one way it could be done - just scraping data from a WAP/text page. Not ideal.

They really should make the raw data available to developers.
Pat,

I got in touch with the guy who wrote the android app. I understand that Edinburgh Council are working on an API for the site which will make my job much much easier.

The only downside is that this may not be availble until the new year.

I think I'll wait until this is done and then write the script.

It can be a late Christmas present!!

el_P
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Pat,

I got in touch with the guy who wrote the android app. I understand that Edinburgh Council are working on an API for the site which will make my job much much easier.

The only downside is that this may not be availble until the new year.

I think I'll wait until this is done and then write the script.

It can be a late Christmas present!!

el_P

Aww thanks el_p Big Grin
My very first e-gift Blush

I agree, if it's gonna change in a few weeks/months etc anyway best to wait and use the updated API.

Really appreciate it though bro, i appreciate the time and the effort you've put into this and can't wait for it's release Nod

How's the updates to your movie scripts coming on, looking forward to see where you that to as it's defiantly got some legs on it Nod
PatrickBateman Wrote:Really appreciate it though bro, i appreciate the time and the effort you've put into this and can't wait for it's release Nod

How's the updates to your movie scripts coming on, looking forward to see where you that to as it's defiantly got some legs on it Nod

Hopefully, if mybustracker get their API right, it should be really quick to adapt one of my existing travel scripts to the buses, so it could be done in an hour.

As for the updates... Eek... they're on hold at the moment. Lots of things need sorting out at home first. I'll get there, but it will be a slow process I'm afraid!
el_Paraguayo Wrote:Hopefully, if mybustracker get their API right, it should be really quick to adapt one of my existing travel scripts to the buses, so it could be done in an hour.

As for the updates... Eek... they're on hold at the moment. Lots of things need sorting out at home first. I'll get there, but it will be a slow process I'm afraid!

Absolutely, it's close to Xmas etc.. As I said before we literally hammer the arse out your script, so it's perfect for us "as-is" just always interested to see what you've got up your sleeve Big Grin
Hi,

This hasn't been updated for a while but TFL has plenty APIs now. Any chance to add buses ?
Hello.

Indeed, TfL do have lots of APIs including an official tube one (rather than the third party one I'd used originally).

Buses should be fairly easy to do too.

However, I've got three issues:
1) Time - I have very very little at the moment (and that's not looking like changing)
2) Compatibility - I'm still running Dharma at home so I'd really like to upgrade to Frodo first (but see #1 above!)
3) #2 is a biiig issue for me. Wife acceptance factor is vital so I really need to get skin setup for Frodo so she doesn't notice the change. However, I have a lot of personal customisations/scripts that I'd need to get working first. And I don't even know if Frodo would work on my machine.

If I can sort those problems then, sure, I'd be happy to modify the script.

el_P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Tube Travel Status Update0