Show missing episodes in TV Shows list
(2014-10-13, 18:42)Tobby Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 14:08)Karnagious Wrote:
(2014-10-12, 17:14)Tobby Wrote: Are you saying you might be able to create the addon? Smile

I can take a swing at it. Unless someone beats me to it.

If anyone has any tips/examples on how to get the season and episodes from theTVDB, I would appreciate it.
Awesome. I would help if I could, but sadly I don't know anything about coding :/

Before August last year, neither did I.
(2014-10-13, 23:55)Karnagious Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 18:42)Tobby Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 14:08)Karnagious Wrote: I can take a swing at it. Unless someone beats me to it.

If anyone has any tips/examples on how to get the season and episodes from theTVDB, I would appreciate it.
Awesome. I would help if I could, but sadly I don't know anything about coding :/

Before August last year, neither did I.
I actually tried to get in to it, however I focused on Android, but sveral bad guides kinda sorta made me give up.
All the addons are python, which is a lot easier to pick up than java or C.
(2014-10-14, 23:13)Karnagious Wrote: All the addons are python, which is a lot easier to pick up than java or C.
I'll have that in mind next time I feel adventurous. Smile
I wrote an addon that search missing episodes and creates stub files in the addon_data and add them in the library.
if someone wants to try it it's here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=207164

I only tested myself so might have some bug
A nice elegant solution. I didnt even know about Media Stubs.

You can automatically create the required addon folder one the first run of the service.

Code:
self.ADDON_DATA_FOLDER = xbmc.translatePath('special://userdata')
self.MAIN_FOLDER = os.path.join(self.ADDON_DATA_FOLDER, 'addon_data', scriptname)

if not os.path.exists(self.MAIN_FOLDER):
    os.mkdir(self.MAIN_FOLDER)

self.SUB_FOLDER = os.path.join(self.MAIN_FOLDER, 'foldername)

if not os.path.exists(self.SUB_FOLDER):
    os.mkdir(self.SUB_FOLDER)
Also, why not use the VHS media flag? Who uses VHS nowadays?
Did i really forgot to create the settings folder?:S I'll add it this evening. If someone wants to try it and it doesn't know how create the right folder it should be enough to change an option in settings
I can add VHS string to trigger the VHS tag but I don't think it's useful. All other video in episodes have audio and video logo at least and you can't still distinguish them from the list. Only stub files is without logos And if you're using stub files for episode you can append .DVD OR .Bluray to distinguish them so the only videos without icons are the missing files.
Btw you should write this in the specific addon topic Wink
(2014-10-24, 18:13)phate89 Wrote: I wrote an addon that search missing episodes and creates stub files in the addon_data and add them in the library.
if someone wants to try it it's here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=207164

I only tested myself so might have some bug
Wow, totally missed this. Gonna give it a try Smile
+1 for this idea, it would be great to have that directly managed in the library

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Currently, the TV Show library displays the metadata for those TV Shows, Seasons and Episodes that are actually on the hard disk. I am hoping that the next progression to this is that ALL information is shown for that TV Show.

Using the TV Show Eureka as an example. I have Seasons 1 and 2 on my hard disk and loaded into my library. So when I select Eureka in TV Shows, I will only ever see Season 1 and Season 2 and their associated episodes. So, an unfamiliar user may never know there is more to that TV show without having to hop on the internet to look it up. What I would like to see is Seasons 3, 4, and 5 (the complete show) also being listed in the library. BUT... the missing seasons and episodes would be greyed out (or some other method) to distinguish available seasons\episodes from those that are not yet purchased and loaded by the user. eg...

Eureka
Season 1 – On the Hard Drive and available for viewing
Season 2 – On the Hard Drive and available for viewing
Season 3 – Information only... season missing. You should still be able to select this Season, and view a listing of the episodes for this season
Season 4 – Information only... season missing. You should still be able to select this Season, and view a listing of the episodes for this season
Season 5 – Information only... season missing. You should still be able to select this Season, and view a listing of the episodes for this season

This could also be applied to Movie Sets.

Is this possible??
oops,

on my first search I missed the thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=113370 on this exact topic.

Feel free to merge or delete this post.
Threads merged
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show missing episodes in TV Shows list4