64 or 32 bit OS
Is it worth installing a Win 7 64bit OS on a HTPC just for xbmc or might I just as well go for Win 7 32bit (I'm getting a G530 cpu)?

On my desktop PC with Win 7 64bit I've encountered some compatibility issues from time to time (although not xbmc related).
Win 7 64bit all the way!
everything goes 64 these days....
specially if u have 4GB of ram
If you don't have 4G of RAM, go with 32bits. Otherwise, you need the 64bit OS to use 4G of RAM.
I would go for 64bit since they are of the same price with out the limitation of 32bit. Haven't had any compatibility issues with win7 64bit. If a 32bit application have issues with win7 64bit, there's normally a 64bit version available online or a newer version is available which will work with both 32/64bit.
yeah no worries.,,
like i said, everything is 64 these days
Thanks for all the answers! Will go 64 bit then, especially since I forgot the avout the memory limitation. Cheers
Guys,
Doesn't all 32bit OS's support 3.5gb of memory and with PAE enabled, it supports the full 4gb?
all i can say for sure is, stick to 64bit
For Windows 7, the product key will work for both versions, all you are buying is the disk with the 32 or 64 bit version on it.

I too suggest always installing the 64bit version, if we were talking about WinXP x64 then we need to discuss further, but with Win7 there's no need for 32bit that I know of.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
64 or 32 bit OS0