Problem playing .mts video files from my HD Video camera
I recently got a video camera that shoots in 1080i and records in AVCHD with files as .mts.

Can XBMC play .mts files?
Because when I play the files with windows media player it’s just fine. But when I’m in XBMC and play the files it stutters? My HTPC has no problem with 720P or 1080P movie files (.mkv) so I don’t think it’s a PC power problem. Is there any setting that I should make in XBMC (Dharma 10) that will help play .mts files?

Also if converting the files to a different format is best then any suggestion on what format or software to use so that I don’t lose any quality?

Thanks for the help.
I have this same problem. They play fine using windows media player, but worth XBMC, they stutter. Try going into the video settings, and change interlace method. I forget which one works best. I think it's half-something. So this while watching the video, and just toggle through the different choices until you find which one looks best. I still can't get my home videos to play as smooth as they do using windows media player, and this is on the same machine (Acer Revo 3610). Good luck!
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
Here's the thread I started a while back, which never really got resolved:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83598
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
Any update on this. Very annoying that this is the only issue I have with xbmc right now. Its a great app but not being able to play my avchd files from my panasonic camcorder does not sit well with the wife. On my htpc in the bedroom, I get a green screen with sound but thats it.
On my main computer which is a i7 with a gt9600, I can play the video but with stuttering and slight pixelation.

I can play the files just fine on both computers with their respective media players and in media center. Why does XBMC have so much trouble with this.

As a side note, I do have sharks codecs installed on both computers from when I used Mediabrowser, dont know if that could be screwing with it.
I have the same problem with files from my Sony Camcorder. There is no solution to get these to playback natively within XBMC. I configured MPC-HC as an external player for MTS files, and set MPC-HC to use the Microsoft filter (same one as Media Player), and programmed my remote to emulate the same keystrokes in MPC-HC as XBMC. It wasn't an easy task, but it does work. I was very disappointed that Eden didn't resolve this issue.
I'm assuming this issue still isn't resolved 3 years later, as, having just added some family videos, I also get the stuttering in Kodi 14.2 - shame, as it's superb at playing everything else!
And none of the posters in here ever provided a proper Debug Log. Christal balls are rare...even in 2011
Since the problem is still not solved, here's my crashlog (actually Kodi 16.1 Jarvis crashes completely when trying to access an MTS file in a "Pictures" folder...):

Code:
20:01:23 T:1875899296   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::DecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.image_decode - OMX_ErrorStreamCorrupt, Bitstream corrupt
20:01:23 T:1740632992   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::FreeInputBuffers WaitForCommand:OMX_CommandPortDisable failed on OMX.broadcom.image_decode omx_err(0x8000100b)
20:01:24 T:1875899296   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::DecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.image_decode - OMX_ErrorStreamCorrupt, Bitstream corrupt
20:01:24 T:1740632992   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::FreeInputBuffers WaitForCommand:OMX_CommandPortDisable failed on OMX.broadcom.image_decode omx_err(0x8000100b)
20:01:26 T:1740632992   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::WaitForInputDone OMX.broadcom.image_decode wait event timeout
20:01:27 T:1875899296   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::DecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.image_decode - OMX_ErrorStreamCorrupt, Bitstream corrupt
20:01:27 T:1740632992   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::FreeInputBuffers WaitForCommand:OMX_CommandPortDisable failed on OMX.broadcom.image_decode omx_err(0x8000100b)

I'm curious to see if this topic will make any progress after so long :-p
I don't think 'Dharma' is supported by the Kodi team anymore and doubtful you will entertain any help for older XBMC versions. The Kodi team is presently engaged with the 7th iteration of the software from Dharma 10 and I believe subsequent builds did solve the issue but unsure at this stage with transport streams as a container, there was a lot of juggling by various hardware.

Suggestion: Try to play the file/video with the free player 'VLC' (latest), you can find the links in the wiki's or Google it. If VLC plays nicely, the built in player of Kodi uses the same intrinsic code, although the default for VLC is software rendering, and on Kodi it's hardware rendering (this can be changed in settings). Then perhaps it's time to movie along and update, the only caveat is that as of Kodi 6 and later, Direct X 11 is required for video acceleration with your graphics card. If you've got older equipment and o/s you might want to install Kodi 15.2, the last version that still uses Direct X 9

Supplemental tools/Windows (wiki)
@kalsan

Quote: Kodi 16.1 Jarvis crashes completely when trying to access an MTS file in a "Pictures" folder...):

Does it crash in a video folder? I suspect this is a completely different issue, try to post your own thread instead of dredging up 5 year old threads.

Quote:And none of the posters in here ever provided a proper Debug Log. Christal balls are rare...even in 2011
dusting required.
Thanks for the clarifications PatK, I think you're right with the assumption that the bug might be due to something else: After deleting the videos and resetting the database, the problem persisted. I submitted a bug report instead to investigate further on the problem: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16748

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing .mts video files from my HD Video camera0