Dedicated HTPC build
Looks great. How is the IR receiver working with the Harmony? Also, did you instal a bluray or DVD drive?
nice!!! very nice!! Smile
Quote:Sweeeeeet!! Like the B/W photo's! Enjoy, well.. I hope Dad enjoy's
Thanks ^_^ Yup! He's enjoying it.

Quote:Looks great. How is the IR receiver working with the Harmony? Also, did you instal a bluray or DVD drive?
Thanks. IR receiver is working great (which reminds me that I haven't put the remote and receiver on the final build list). I have a bluray drive on my gaming PC and normally use it to rip bluray movies. The HTPC has my old DVD drive on it. If I need to play a bluray movie, I have my PS3 right next to the HTPC.

Quote:nice!!! very nice!!
Thanks for all the help ^_^ I went with the harmony 300i. Just realized that I still don't need the time delay function. Not now, but maybe after a year.
Good stuff! WhiteLighter welcome to the addiction.....
Nice build WhiteLighter! Love the B/W photos, vintage stuff Smile

How do you integrate the "Anime" tab? Do you consider the case "silent"?
Quote:Good stuff! WhiteLighter welcome to the addiction.....
Yes! been thinking of an excuse to build another one...maybe for the bedroom :p

Quote:Nice build WhiteLighter! Love the B/W photos, vintage stuff

How do you integrate the "Anime" tab? Do you consider the case "silent"?
Thanks ^_^ I used to customized the menu when I was using Transparency using this guide. But I'm being lazy to do the same with Aeon Nox so I just did a quick work around. I put my anime collection on a different directory on my media server and created a playlist for it in XBMC. Then I set Aeon Nox to display playlist on the home menu. If you need a walkthrough, I'll be glad to make one when I get home tonight ^_^

I can actually hear the 3 fans on the case when I was 3 feet away from it. But that is only when no 747 flying above my apartment. Comparing it to my gaming PC and my media server, it is definitely more "silent".
WhiteLighter Wrote:Yes! been thinking of an excuse to build another one...maybe for the bedroom :p

Thanks ^_^ I used to customized the menu when I was using Transparency using this guide. But I'm being lazy to do the same with Aeon Nox so I just did a quick work around. I put my anime collection on a different directory on my media server and created a playlist for it in XBMC. Then I set Aeon Nox to display playlist on the home menu. If you need a walkthrough, I'll be glad to make one when I get home tonight ^_^

Thanks! I'll read the guide. As I'm waiting for my HTPC parts, I'll take the time to re-organise all my media files on my server. So, I'll take the plunge and take the long way! Smile
Balinus Wrote:Thanks! I'll read the guide. As I'm waiting for my HTPC parts, I'll take the time to re-organise all my media files on my server. So, I'll take the plunge and take the long way! Smile

Cool Cool just be aware that after you customized the skin, certain updates on the skin might overwrite your customization.
WhiteLighter Wrote:Cool Cool just be aware that after you customized the skin, certain updates on the skin might overwrite your customization.

oh! Maybe the playlist trick is better then?
Balinus Wrote:oh! Maybe the playlist trick is better then?
There hasn't been any skin update for Aeon Nox since I used the playlist thing, but I believe it is more update-proof than the hardcoded menu.
Hey my Aeon NOX weather is not working from 3 days ago.... it's yours working?
MQ3 works
Beer40oz Wrote:Hey my Aeon NOX weather is not working from 3 days ago.... it's yours working?

Nope, It started not to work for me last Saturday. I removed it temporarily from my home menu..I was thinking they are updating it for eden and somehow messed something.
Beer40oz Wrote:Hey my Aeon NOX weather is not working from 3 days ago.... it's yours working?

Have you tried this?
Big_Noid Wrote:How to enable weather backgrounds based on current conditions:
- Download a map pack and unzip to a folder of choice. (for instance here)
- Go to System-->Skin-->General and enable Weather Backgrounds Based on Current Conditions option.
- Set the path to your map pack.

How to enable animated weather icons:
- Download an icon pack and unzip to a folder of choice. (for instance here)
- Go to System-->Skin-->General and enable Animated Weather Icons option.
- Set the path to your icon pack.

Will try it once I get home tonight...after trying to fix the issues of files missing on my TV Shows and Movies list.
WhiteLighter Wrote:Have you tried this?

[/url].

Oh yah I had that already before it was not working anymore!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dedicated HTPC build0