All I have is .iso, what now?
martinmic Wrote:Thanks allot for your effort davilla. Smile Still didn't fix it for me tho. Tried with about 10 different DVD's. Some of them played without buffering, but they had a lot of stuttering but most of them still buffered a lot.

Then it's an issue unrelated to re-enabling neon in ffmpeg.
Hi,

I am suspecting, that the little ATV2 is doing it's best for software-decoding. But every little thing in addition could disturb this. When I am e.g. updating the movie database in the background then I also still get the buffering-issue.
So my assumption is that there is a certain limit to what is technically possible with ideal conditions (wired connection, NFS, no background tasks on the ATV2).
Of course it will be difficult to describe this (variable bitrate...). But here is what should work (it works great for me...):
Synology DS 107+ NAS, wired SMB-connection. I am recording *.ts files from Cable (DVB-C) to the NAS. Here is the spec of DVB-C: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-C. According to VLC it's: MPEG-1/2 Video (mpgv). 720x576.
For those files that do not work - were they 'above' these specs?
Martin
elmartino Wrote:When I am e.g. updating the movie database in the background then I also still get the buffering-issue.

So... Smile Don't do that Smile
Guys- since the buffering fix, I have experienced what might be a new error. I have played a few movies, and on two of them, they froze at some point in the movie and XBMC exited to the file menu. If I re-started the movie, once they arrived at the same point in the movie, it would happen again.
I still don't have any logs; I just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else on this thread is experiencing the same thing.
Sounds like dodgy video. That is all.
I have to report, that I am back on the 17-oct nightly.
The regressions where to severe to be useable.
As I said earlier, there must be other bugs introduced into the actual nightlies.
Cheers
Umtauscher
I'm also still facing sever problems with the latest nightly...

@Umtauscher: can you tell me where to find 20111017? The oldest one i could find was 20111021 Sad

So long,
Nicolai
No sorry, there are only the last 10 or so on the server.
I have a local copy. When you tell me where to upload it I can do that.
Hope this helps

Umtauscher
umtauscher Wrote:No sorry, there are only the last 10 or so on the server.
I have a local copy. When you tell me where to upload it I can do that.
Hope this helps

Umtauscher

Hi Umtauscher,

that would be very kind of you, I need it as well Smile would it be possible to put it on a server like rapidshare.com? That should be than easy to download from there.

Cheers,
-= R.
here you go:

https://rapidshare.com/files/376049620/x...r-atv2.deb
umtauscher Wrote:here you go:

https://rapidshare.com/files/376049620/x...r-atv2.deb

Thank you very much! Smile Appreciate it.

-= R.
Doing this is counter productive to solving the issue. Eden release is rolling so whatever bugs/issues that are present will remain in the release UNLESS you help dog down the problem.

If we can't reproduce the issue, it does not exist. Smile
davilla Wrote:Doing this is counter productive to solving the issue. Eden release is rolling so whatever bugs/issues that are present will remain in the release UNLESS you help dog down the problem.

Davilla I only want to use that file in order to compare the performance issues with this build from 17th. It might help to find out where the issue is hidden Sad {and it still might be somewhere in between of me,my keyboard and aTV remote control Smile}

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113745

R.
davilla Wrote:Doing this is counter productive to solving the issue. Eden release is rolling so whatever bugs/issues that are present will remain in the release UNLESS you help dog down the problem.

Just a thought: Could it be that the default for handling the deinterlace has been changed with the build in question? I noticed that setting deinterlace to off instead of automatic solves the problem.
Btw I have never seen that setting deintelace to on results in a file playing properly. I suspect the atv is to slow to deinterlace properly.
Just my 2 Cts
Umtauscher
DVD ISO playes fine with the 20111103 nightly build. It starts buffering with deinterlacing enabled. Turning it off solves the problem but shows the ugly combing effect.

My only workaround at the moment is to convert the DVD's to MP4 with Handbrake and the deinterlacing or combing filter set. This method reduces the filesize with remaining quality and they play nice an smooth.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All I have is .iso, what now?0