Explain to me like Im 12
Ok. So we just moved house and we are getting virgin hd vbox set top box thing.

Anyways, We want something like this (XBMC) to run in the living room.
We have an old dell on which it can run on but obviously we want to run virgin tv through it aswel as using music movies stored locally.

So basically we have 1 remote for the pc (xbmc) then when we click TV on xbmc it runs virgin

How can this be done?
What hardware or expansion card do I need for the pc and does XBMC/OpenElec support this type of thing?

Many thanks
Matt
I'm not especially conversant with the virgin box you are referring to, but generally speaking, it probably can't be done. At least, not without a fair amount of hacking. Right now, XBMC proper doesn't support tuning or recording live tv. Of those versions that do support liveTV, you need a tuner card, not a tuner box, except in very specific cases, and I don't know if your box is one of those cases.

Long story short, it can't be done through regular XBMC, unless you are pretty good at hacking. You could ask over at the OpenELEC forum. They might be more helpful.

http://www.openelec.tv/forum
Ok thanks for your message

Can I ask how other people have their HTPCs setup so they can watch BBC1,2,3,4,5, Channel 4, 5, Dave, E4, Watch, etc etc all live?

I know their is TVCatchup plugin but thats not HD
I turn the TV from HDMI (XBMC) to Freesat HD... tadaaa.
t2ffn Wrote:I turn the TV from HDMI (XBMC) to Freesat HD... tadaaa.

+1

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Connect your HTPC with XBMC, your TV, and your SAT/Cable box to an Audio/Visual Receiver (AVR).
Use a Harmony (universal) remote, and a eHome USB IR receiver (picks up signals from the remote giving commands to the computer to control XBMC).
Set up your 'Activities' on your Harmony remote setup software. Push 'Watch TV' on your Harmony remote... it will switch from your HTPC/XBMC to your live television broadcast.
Nod
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Connect V+ box to a capture card,
Connect capture card to MythTV
Install XBMC pvr ppa to connect to Myth
LIRC programming to change channel.
@Clarkeez, I didn't tell you this but both HD and recording are hopefully coming soon Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Explain to me like Im 120