XBMC hardware question
Big Grin 
aloha all,
I have not used XBMC yet ;-) but I was wondering if any of these hardware platform would work with XBMC :-)
ZOTAC ZBOX Intel Atom D525 1.8 GHz Dual-Core w/ Blu-ray Barebone
ZOTAC ZBOX AMD Athlon Neo X2 L325 1.5 GHz Dual Core All-in-One

I will be outputting the video and audio through the HDMI port.
I will also be using WI-FI for my internet connection.

I know this is a simple question, but I do not want to buy hardware, without knowing if this will work for my setup.

Thanks,
supertechhawaii
Quote:ZOTAC ZBOX Intel Atom D525 1.8 GHz Dual-Core w/ Blu-ray Barebone
Yep but blu-ray playback won't be as simple as you think.

Quote:ZOTAC ZBOX AMD Athlon Neo X2 L325
not sure about this one (due to graphics - i don't know anything about amd graphics and xbmc)

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Aloha psudo7,
Thanks for the help on this :-) In researching for this project, I came across this blog for bl-ray: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67420. Do you think this should work?

Thanks,
supertechhawaii
Blu-ray playback on the Linux side works, but it takes work and you do not get menu functionality. If you go the Windows route you can have full BD playback capabilities with external software. The MakeMKV solution under Linux works just fine for movie playback though. If you don't want to have to update the binary every 30 days, you need to actually purchase a key for MakeMKV (this applies to the Windows version as well). Under Windows, you'll need to purchase software for full BD playback functionality as well.

BTW, for in order to get hardware accelerated playback of HD files to be as problem free as possible, look into an nVidia GPU chipset. There are ways to have ATI/AMD and Intel hardware assist video decoding, but it's not nearly as mature as the nVidia solution.
this (Zotac ZBOXNANO-AD10-U NANO Mini / Booksize Barebone System, AMD FUSION E-350 1.6 GHz, AMD Radeon HD 6310, Wifi, Bluetooth) plus windows 7 and xbmc should allow you to playback all type of bd files. there is nothing easier than w7+xbmc!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Aloha blueray,
Thanks. I think this is the answer ;-)

Thanks,
supertechhawaii

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC hardware question0