MySQL - how to sync 2 separate libraries on ATV2 with 1 main library on computer
Basically I was trying to have my ATV2 and computer having a sync'ed up library and found out about using MySQL. However while doing initial setup I stopped there because I thought of a small issue that I do not know how to tackle. Here's the situation:

-video files only, no music library needed

-all files (movies, tv shows) on computer, streaming to ATV2

-XBMC on computer has 1 library with everything

-on ATV2 I have 2 profiles and a separate library for each, added together those 2 libraries make up the main one on the computer

The question is how do I set up MySQL so that everything could still be in sync.

Thanks.
It depends on how you want it set up. Think of each different profile as a different XBMC box all together and that will make it easier to visualize. You could have the two profiles on both the ATV2 and the computer, each with their own library, or all sharing a library. You can't have two different libraries appear as one library on another box.

That being said, you can have a single library but use different profiles to keep separate watch/resume data. You could have Profile A and Profile B exist on both computer and ATV2, as well. Log in as Profile A on computer, watch a show, then log in to ATV2 and it will show it as watched. I forget exactly how this method is done, but I'm pretty certain it is possible.
Thanks for the input. However doesn't seem to be the solution to my problem. What I am trying to avoid is to have 2 profiles on my computer, instead just 1 profile with a library containing everything and each profile on ATV2 would access only part of that main library.

I guess the question boils down to is it possible to have "nested" databases with MySQL.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL - how to sync 2 separate libraries on ATV2 with 1 main library on computer0