[ATV2] - No internet gateway?
Hi Everyone,

I'm having some trouble getting internet to play nice within XBMC.

Under System Info I can see a DHCP Assigned IP Address and subnet but no Gateway or DNS address.

The network interface is configured correctly in darwin as I have been able to update this morning to the latest nightly build (26th Oct 2011).

Running on Apple TV2 4.3 (2557)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Don't worry about the display of gateway and DNS in the system display. It's not accurate and I have the same.

I suggest you turn it around and work your way to the ATV2 from your network (local lan) by means of ssh etc to see if there is a path.

Then I would suggest to see if your do not have any ACL on your router to see if ATV is allowed to access the internet.
MrBrightside Wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm having some trouble getting internet to play nice within XBMC.

Under System Info I can see a DHCP Assigned IP Address and subnet but no Gateway or DNS address.

The network interface is configured correctly in darwin as I have been able to update this morning to the latest nightly build (26th Oct 2011).

Running on Apple TV2 4.3 (2557)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

is it only that the gui doesn't show it or do you really have a problem playing internet content in xbmc? The gui won't show dns and gateway yet on ios/atv2 ... this is normal atm...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Of course I dunno what the original post problem was, but I seem to have a similar problem if not the same.

ATV2 can access Internet and shows default router correctly.
XBMC on the ATV2 will only connect to local LAN and cannot see and default gateway. This means that I cannot download subtitles or any movie information.

If I SSH to the ATV2, I can 'ping' to Internet hosts. It just won't work from within XBMC.

Any ideas?
Alcantir Wrote:Of course I dunno what the original post problem was, but I seem to have a similar problem if not the same.

ATV2 can access Internet and shows default router correctly.
XBMC on the ATV2 will only connect to local LAN and cannot see and default gateway. This means that I cannot download subtitles or any movie information.

If I SSH to the ATV2, I can 'ping' to Internet hosts. It just won't work from within XBMC.

Any ideas?

This behaviour is nearly impossible ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
only way that I see thats possible is if you put in an http proxy server under xbmc internet access that isn't working...
so double check your setting.
Hye,

I have the same problem. On my AppleTV i have internet. But when I use XBMC it can not connect to the internet. All the Add-on scripts fail.
Via ssh I checked ifconfig and that looks fine. I already quessed so, because the AppleTV can connect to the internet.

Any suggestions?
Gimme a syslog and xbmc.log ... (first link in my sig)
i too have the same problem, i noticed it after one of the previous XBMC updates. the system info->network panel contains:
Code:
Link: Connected
MAC Address 00:00:00:00:00:00 (occasionally flashes "Busy")
IP Address: 192.168.2.87 (which is the correct address set in my DHCP server, static IP)
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 (correct for my network)
Gateway:
Primary DNS:
Secondary DNS:
Internet: Connected

Gateway and DNS are simply blank.

While XBMC works and can play from my network shares fine, it will not download any information from the internet and complains when I start it up "Could not download information. Unable to connect to remote server. Would you like to continue scanning?" [Yes|No] Selecting yes just loops the same error message, no exits out. I do not have a proxy set (I don't run one at home).

Weather doesn't function.

As I said, when I first installed XBMC I did not have this issue, it started after one of the later updates.

I'd be happy to provide logs and could even arrange ssh access to my unit if necessary.

-----

New note. I upgraded (manual install of the package) to the latest nightly build and while the Info screen is still wrong, it appears XBMC can now connect to the internet.
The scraper and weather in the Cydia build were broken. The Internet for XBMC on the ATV2 was never broken.
dns and gateway are allways blank in xbmc on ios ... its only a cosmetic and has nothing to do with the real state of the internet connection.
Memphiz Wrote:dns and gateway are allways blank in xbmc on ios ... its only a cosmetic and has nothing to do with the real state of the internet connection.

as mentioned, it's cosmetic, for people really itching to see this filled in, keep an eye on this:
528 (PR)

AFTER EDEN !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] - No internet gateway?0