Resume option for pvr recordings
Question 
Hallo,

I am looking forward to a "resume option for pvr recordings". For videos stored within the xbmc video database the latest replay position is stored within a bookmark.

I think it should be able to use those bookmarks for pvr recordings as well. But I missed enhancing the code on my own, yet. Can somebody explain how these bookmark and video playback resuming works? Huh

Regards,
Jonatan
not implemented yet. there's an open feature request for it.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Hello dushmaniac,

I know it is not implemented, yet. I tried to do this, but failed.

I want to understand how this bookmark, player and resume stuff works in general. For videos in the local database it works. Thus I guess it should work for recordings the same way.

I enabled the StoreFileStateJob to save bookmarks for recordings as well. This works in some cases, in some other cases it does not work. For the cases the last replay position was stored, I get the context menu item "start at xx:xx". Selecting this menu item finally leads to a call to PlayFile. But the playback does not start.

Regards,
Jonatan
I don't know all the details myself without looking into the code.

most important thing is that PVR recordings are not in the video db yet, so if you're going to implement it, have a look at that first.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Hmm, Not sure we are talking of the same thing, but all my PVR recordings are working with the 'resume' function.

If I record via 4TR on Windows, If i hit play on them, I get the option to resume from 8:41 for example. Am i misunderstanding?
I got it, provided as Issue #307 to opdenkamp/xbmc.

The "problem" is, that different file item pathes are used for a pvr recording. For the list items, the item path is something like pvr://recordings/0002-0457. This URI is translated into the real streaming url when the item is selected for replay. Thus the file item path during replay is something like http://localhost:9982/dvr/457 for example.

The SaveFileStateJob stores the resume bookmarks during replay. Thus the file name (database key) is the real streaming url. While browsing thru the list of recordings, the file items still have the virtual URIs as their pathes. So looking up the video database will give no result. Using the stream URI from the pvr recording info for the database lookup works the right way.

@Freakish: Don't know, too. Are you playing your recordings using any xbmc pvr plugin? Or natively using the xbmc video playback thru direct file access? The latter one works as usual.
@freakish:
Yes, it works for 4TheRecord and Mediaportal, because both addons bypass (for a single seat setup with the server on the same machine) the default recording playback mechanism which is: playback through the addon. The addons send the direct file location to XBMC and therefore XBMC plays the files as every other file. Main benefit: you can pause, rewind, fast forward and resume.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume option for pvr recordings0