Advanced Smart Playlists
Hello. I understand that XBMC's main focus is movies but music is as important to some people.
There is a feature in WinAMP and MediaMonkey (with an add-on) i really like and i think it would be great to have it in XBMC too.
Basically it allows advanced searches in the database using sql style queries. Those searches are then used to generate a dynamic playlist. The MediaMonkey add-on allows to save those searches that then act like a smart playlist, but one that's much smarter than a basic smart playlist.

Here is a link to the MediaMonkey add-on with all features explained :
http://www.skytopia.com/software/megadj/.

The main advantages over simple smart playlists are the ability to use any database field and to weight the slection of random tracks based on any criteria.
As far as i can see, the smart playlists used in XBMC don't have weighting and don't use every tags. If i understood correctly XBMX uses an SQLlite database so it should be possible to implement such a feature.
Too bad i don't know enough about coding to do it myself Sad . I have to make a request and hope someone will have the time and motivation to code it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Smart Playlists0