[AppleTV2] Library issues with XBMC on ATV2
Question 
Hi all. I'm new to Apple TV and XBMC, no stranger to jailbreaking and computers in general. My big issue with XBMC right now is the library. It's not scraping all of my TV shows. I'm only getting 5 of my 59 shows displayed on my TV Shows menu. I'm running the latest version of iOS, jailbroken with the latest version of seas0npass, tethered boot, installed XBMC from Cydia, and installed the nightly build. All was done using the XBMC wiki. All of my media is stred on a NAS and I'm adding my media to XBMC through SMB. As for my folders and files; I'm using a structure like the following:

Root
|_Show Name (year)
|_Show.Name.SxxExx.extension

My shows are named using the titles and years on TVDB so I really don't know what's going on and why the bulk of my shows aren't listed.

Also; if I go in to Files I can see all of the files, but info is only displayed for the ones scraped and showing in the TV Shows section.

Any ideas? Is there a better way to organize/name my folders and files? What about show names with : in them? Should I use a space or a - instead? CSI Miami or CSI - Miami for example. Any help is appreciated.

[edit to add] The scraper is also listing my House (2004) folder as The Big House and not scraping any of the shows in it. Any ideas on this would be appreciated.
Use one of the media managers (I use Ember Media manager) that you can within this forum. Much more control over the scraping.
Thanks! I'm assuming that since I didn't see it in the plugins that are bundled with XBMC I'll have to install it manually? Not a big deal; just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
is the year in the show name necessary, I know some shows have year in the name but I would not add it for all.

I use

root
-- House
----Season 1
------House.S01E01.avi
------House.S01E02.avi
----Season 2
------House.S02E01.avi
------House.S02E02.avi

use http://thetvdb.com/ to find the correct name for your show
Hi there,

Also quite new to the ATV2/XBMC experience (jb with SeasonPass and installed through NitoTV about 2 weeks ago).

I think Czechmarty is referring to external media managers. Ember Media Manager (EMM) is one that has a lot of mentions in the forums, but I came accross Media Companion (MC) first, so that is what I use.

One of the things that concerned me originally was that if my ATV2 crashed or bricked then I would have to rescrape my media with my next XBMC box.

However an external media manager (like EMM or MC) stores the scraped information in the relevant media file itself (inside Movies/Iron Man (2008) for example). It scrapes the .nfo files, the .jpg for folder and fanart use, synopsis and plots, actor thumbs etc etc. In this way if you ever lose your database in XBMC then it is no hassle to re-build it as XBMC gives preference to locally stored information, rather than heading to the internet to find it. Much faster Laugh

I got onto MC through a LifeHacker article; http://lifehacker.com/5505849/how-to-whi...-and-boxee

So, in closing, EMM and MC are external media managers that you install on your PC/Mac etc that can look at your media collection and scrape info before you load it into XBMC. Much more customizable as far as choosing posters and art, plus you can browse or load your own if you are artistically minded.

If you go down this path you might need to remove links inside XBMC, or refresh your library (I prefer to remove links so as to start afresh).

Best of luck!

francis
Do those managers include additional info like synopsis etc or just art? Every article I see talks about art and nothing else.
charlesjbarry Wrote:Do those managers include additional info like synopsis etc or just art? Every article I see talks about art and nothing else.

Yes ember does, cant tell you about others out there
chuckles Wrote:Yes ember does, cant tell you about others out there

Sadly; Ember won't install on my windows box. It keeps giving me an xml error and quitting. I'll be trying Media Companion though; it appears to scrape all of that data too. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
charlesjbarry Wrote:Sadly; Ember won't install on my windows box. It keeps giving me an xml error and quitting. I'll be trying Media Companion though; it appears to scrape all of that data too. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I've stopped "installing" Ember in favor of downloading the appropriate archive from http://sourceforge.net/projects/emm-r/files/1.2/, opening the archive and then executing it from there.

This has worked through several revisions and on both 32- and 64-bit OSes.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
unmesh Wrote:I've stopped "installing" Ember in favor of downloading the appropriate archive from http://sourceforge.net/projects/emm-r/files/1.2/, opening the archive and then executing it from there.

This has worked through several revisions and on both 32- and 64-bit OSes.
Awesome. Thanks a lot! I'll give this one a try on my TV shows and one movie that MC can't sort out.
Thumbs Up 
I use TvRename for anime and tv episodes.
It uses tvdb to look up all the episodes.

Can get it over here
deadguy Wrote:I use TvRename for anime and tv episodes.
It uses tvdb to look up all the episodes.

Can get it over here

Thanks a lot! I'll add it to the list of apps to try if one of the others doesn't find the info I need. So far though Ember and MC have been great.
This probably isn't something that can be answered here, but you guys have been pretty helpful so far so i though I'd give it a try. I have the 10 Rescue Me Minisodes in my Rescue Me folder ans named Rescue.Me.S00E0x.avi as per the instructions for naming special episodes in the Wiki. They won't scrape though. I checked TVDB and they are listed as episodes 1-10 in the Specials section and Ember shows them as missing with Season 0, Episode 1-10. Any ideas on how I can force the scraping of each episode?
I had this same issue. I was only seeing about 5 of my 19 TV Shows. I removed my data source and re-added it and now I don't see any. I had started another thread about this. My 4.3.3 ATV2 works fine. Its my ATV2 with 4.4.2 and the latest nightly that is not working. I think i'm going to give it a few days and try another update.
charlesjbarry Wrote:This probably isn't something that can be answered here, but you guys have been pretty helpful so far so i though I'd give it a try. I have the 10 Rescue Me Minisodes in my Rescue Me folder ans named Rescue.Me.S00E0x.avi as per the instructions for naming special episodes in the Wiki. They won't scrape though. I checked TVDB and they are listed as episodes 1-10 in the Specials section and Ember shows them as missing with Season 0, Episode 1-10. Any ideas on how I can force the scraping of each episode?

Put them in a folder "Specials" under your tv show folder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Library issues with XBMC on ATV20