Dice Remote - Unofficial 3rd party client for HP Touchpad (Under Development)
I just redoctored (reformated) and I dont get anything on the touchpad, from either xbmc server's webpage (ubuntu or win7) just a blank screen.
I am able to reach the xbmc servers using my laptops, desktops, and iphone all running a mix of linux, win7 and ios. I hope that serves to help.
The latest nightly/pre-eden builds are the ones that should be using for testing. The latest stables don't have the json api that am targeting with this app.

Lets see... you have working wifi on the TP, obvious because you were able to download the app. Also, your laptop can connect to the xbmc server off a wifi connection.

Am stuck. One guess I have, is perhaps the TP and laptop are on different sub-nets or workgroup. Or perhaps your router is only allowing port forwarding for specific IPs? Am not really sure, but I would like to work this out.
Yes wifi on TP is working and on the same subnet as the PCs
I updated the TP to the new 3.04 and i was not able to download the app.
I downgraded back to 3.02 and the app is downloadable.
It seems webos 3.02 is required by the HP app store to download it.
Im getting my builds from here http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/
If we need to be using a different site please direct me in the right direction.
I dont mind blowing away either my TP or my xbmc installation on either PC in order to get
this working.

Thanks
On that site, I've found that the 11/08/2011 builds (windows at least) are missing components under xbmc/system/webserver.

I just checked the 11/12/2011 nightly build available at http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/

This build seems to have restored the missing components. I would recommend using nightlies from that repository.

With regards to the 3.04 vs 3.02, this stumps me. I really wish HP's App Catalog was easier to use. My two test devices are running 3.04 and seem to have no issue.

Out of curiosity, did you get the normal app download page or some other page with no links for downloading?

BTW: I want to say thanks for going through all these issues just for testing. I appreciate it very much and hope can get this running for you soon.
I've got it installed via direct link but not yet working.

I just got it set up so I'll run some tests to see if I can tell you more.

Upon further look, I changed to IP address of the XBMC system and I can see some traffic doing a ping/pong for Jsonrpc.
The only option in the menu that generates any traffic to the XBMC system is for Music.

The TV and Movie tabs do not do anything or show any network traffic to the XBMC install. I do not have any music so I can't say if that portion works.
Nice. Yes, you're correct. The only part working currently is the Music library. Am wrapping up some items within the Music library section then will be moving on to the TV Shows library.

Am hoping to get a 0.0.5 version with the TV Shows area working. My initial tests show I should be able to use the wide thumbnails of tv shows in similar fashion to how I display the music library.
I had no problem downloading & installing on my TP. Setting up the server section was also straightforward and I've got a green dot beside the name of it. I'm using the pre-eden nightly from 12/11. However when I select music all I get is the spinning icon and nothing ever gets displayed. Looking forward very much to using this app. Keep up the good work!
Frodo 12.2 : Win8 x64 : ASUS P8H77-M : i3-3225 : Scythe Shuriken Revb : 8Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 : ASUS HD6570 : Samsung Blu-ray SH-B083L : Lian-Li PC-C37B Muse : Corsair TX650 PSU : HP MCE IR receiver : Harmony 600 : Yamaha RX-V471 : Cambridge Audio Minx 20 x 5 & Minx x300 Sub x 1
I keep getting "Unknown Connection Error" when trying to add my server (running XBMCSetup-20111112-a2f830e-master.exe) latest one as of now
inslee Wrote:I keep getting "Unknown Connection Error" when trying to add my server (running XBMCSetup-20111112-a2f830e-master.exe) latest one as of now

First, open a browser on the touchpad and see if you can reach the web interface for XBMC. Then look a few posts back and try to see if JSON is reporting it is up and operational.

FYI, I noted that if I added servers and restarted the Dice Remote it seemed to work.

I'm excited and certainly following this gem but since I don't do much with music on XBMC I'm just playing around right now.
russg Wrote:First, open a browser on the touchpad and see if you can reach the web interface for XBMC. Then look a few posts back and try to see if JSON is reporting it is up and operational.

FYI, I noted that if I added servers and restarted the Dice Remote it seemed to work.

I'm excited and certainly following this gem but since I don't do much with music on XBMC I'm just playing around right now.

I can access xbmc via the web interface no problem but Dice still isn't working. I don't have any music folders defined in xbmc though, not sure if that is causing a problem
Hey,

how is the status on that? Is there any progress going on.
I would really appreciate that as I wanna use this for my touchpad an xbmc
At the moment I cannot connect version 0.3 of dice remote to xbmc. Always says no connection to server found.
the api changed with Frodo (IIRC it was Frodo), so it would need to be updated to work with the new one.

If the OP is not doing it and there is no source it wont work with the new API I'm afraid.
To bad.
It would be great to work remote on the TP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dice Remote - Unofficial 3rd party client for HP Touchpad (Under Development)0