Apple TV 2 and XBMC
Hi, I just want to be sure that I understand that correctly. If I jailbreak the Apple TV, I don't loose the original Apple TV features (like home sharing, playing music from iTunes library etc.), I just get the bonus of XBMC. Is that correct?
yes, it's correct.

two things:

1) do not yet update to 4.4.2. u got perfect untethered jb with 4.3

2) i have to say it: please, read FAQS among xbmc's forum. it has all infos u need.
c3kkos Wrote:yes, it's correct.

two things:

1) do not yet update to 4.4.2. u got perfect untethered jb with 4.3

2) i have to say it: please, read FAQS among xbmc's forum. it has all infos u need.

Sure I will read it. I don't have ATV yet, I'm thinking about it as a x-mas present (for me of courseSmile), I just wanted to be sure about this.

Thanks a lot for quick reply.
jakudo Wrote:Sure I will read it. I don't have ATV yet, I'm thinking about it as a x-mas present (for me of courseSmile), I just wanted to be sure about this.

Thanks a lot for quick reply.

As c3kkos said "do not yet update to 4.4.2. u got perfect untethered jb with 4.3"

If you leave it too long to buy it might have 4.4.2 pre-installed on it already. Might be best to buy now, with the hope that the ATV2's in the shop are still on 4.3.
Now I'm thinking about what's wrong with untethered jb?

I'm not developer and also not native english speaker so I probably don't exactly understand the difference of untethered an tethered jb. I've read this website
http://www.iphone4-jailbreak.info/what-i...break.html
...and from what I understood, the untethered jb is better and commonly used, isn't it? I've also tried to read the FAQ, however, I didn't find any usefull information about tethered/nontethered jb.

Btw, I will think about buying it asapSmile
jakudo Wrote:Now I'm thinking about what's wrong with untethered jb?

I'm not developer and also not native english speaker so I probably don't exactly understand the difference of untethered an tethered jb. I've read this website
http://www.iphone4-jailbreak.info/what-i...break.html
...and from what I understood, the untethered jb is better and commonly used, isn't it? I've also tried to read the FAQ, however, I didn't find any usefull information about tethered/nontethered jb.

Btw, I will think about buying it asapSmile

Tethered means you need to plug the ATV2 into a computer every time it gets turned on.

Jailbreaking is not really discussed here. Check out the forums of the jailbreak software makers - firecore.
Sorry, it was my mistakeSad I read the c3kkos' reply wrong. I didn't se the "4.3" in the end of the 1st point. Now it make sence and my previous question was stupidSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 2 and XBMC0