Harmony Remote Random Signals? - not XBMC
Hello...Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction. My problem is not related to XBMC (that I'm aware of) but more to ATV2 in general. I have asked on other forums as well, but still don't have an answer so I turn to the experts here.

I did a search and found tons of stuff on setting up a Harmony remote to work with ATV2, but none that had this particular issue.

I have an AppleTV2 with 4.3, jailbroke it with Seas0nPass, installed nightly XBMC and have no issues with that part of it.

I was able to set up my Harmony One to work with it as far as the basic button pushes and commands.

However, the only time I see an issue is when I push the power off button to turn off all my devices. I don't really care if the ATV2 actually powers off or not. I have it set to sleep after 15 mins anyway. The problem is, when I turn the TV back on, I see that the ATV2 GUI is in a different activity, as if I had been randomly pushing buttons on the remote. One time it may be in the Netflix library, the next time may be in the Settings menu.

It's not that big a deal, however, I don't want to "accidentally" order a movie from iTunes when I try to turn my system off.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Any ideas?

Thanks.
This is an old question that I stumbled across while searching for "Harmony One" in these forums. I just got one today and I'm fiddling with setting up XBMC on our ATV with it. I think your problem may be solved by editing the ATV device in the Logitech software and go under "Adjust power settings" where you'll find an option that says that you want the device to always be on.

It's been a while since you got your remote -- how are you liking it so far ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony Remote Random Signals? - not XBMC0