ATV2 and TV Shows
I just bought a new ATV2 and upgraded it to 4.4.2 and jailbroke it. I have the XBMC build as of 10/30/2011.

I added 2 video sources, one is for movies, another is TV Shows. My Movies appear to be adding fine. With the TV Shows i see the scraper doing its thing and finding the shows, however they don't show up in the TV Shows menu. I have to go to Videos, files, etc to browse the TV Shows.

I found a thread about adding it as a network location, but that did not work either.

Any ideas?
It sounds like you did everything right. I think its an issue or change with the nightly builds. They are trying to collapse the Library and File views with the next release so this may be an interim step,

I accidentally upgraded one of my ATV2 devices this weekend and it upgraded my shared database. There were some table marked as "crashed" so I ran REPAIR TABLE's and am getting all 4 systems back to the same nightly build to see if I can get things back up and running.
gouda272 Wrote:I just bought a new ATV2 and upgraded it to 4.4.2 and jailbroke it. I have the XBMC build as of 10/30/2011.

I added 2 video sources, one is for movies, another is TV Shows. My Movies appear to be adding fine. With the TV Shows i see the scraper doing its thing and finding the shows, however they don't show up in the TV Shows menu. I have to go to Videos, files, etc to browse the TV Shows.

I found a thread about adding it as a network location, but that did not work either.

Any ideas?

have a look into your skin settings ... sounds like you have hidden the tvshow menu...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:have a look into your skin settings ... sounds like you have hidden the tvshow menu...

I see Video, Movies, TV Shows, Programs, Music, system, etc on the main menu. I am using the simplicity skin i believe.

If the TV Shows was hidden it wouldn't show up here correct?
Try just updating the path to your tv source(s). I had a similar issue last night and simply selecting the existing path, click on Browse and then find the same path again solved it. Not sure why this worked, but it's the second time in a month or so I have had to do that. Once that was done, updating the library worked fine.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Try just updating the path to your tv source(s). I had a similar issue last night and simply selecting the existing path, click on Browse and then find the same path again solved it. Not sure why this worked, but it's the second time in a month or so I have had to do that. Once that was done, updating the library worked fine.

Thanks, will give it a shot tonight.
"Scan Recursively" becomes inactive on any sources I've already set after it's scanned once.

Check that too. I hope that gets fixed soon. Updating the library on ATV2 is a PiTA!
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
What I ended up doing to fix this problem was to do the following:

1) I just updated to the latest nightly build. This still did not fix my problem.
2) Exited XBMC then I deleted the mymovies##.db file in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database then restarted XBMC. Readded my Movies and My TV Show file sources and it does in fact appear to be working properly.

In case it matters, I added TV Shows first, let it scan, then added the Movies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 and TV Shows0