XBMC on ATV2 4.4?
Hello all,

It's my first post, so be kind.

I recently got Apple TV2 for my birthday for the main reason of using it for XBMC.

I then did the jailbreak on 4.3 using seas0npass untethered. Installed xbmc, and everything was working fine (except for the occasional crash).

A few days later, I was suddenly unable to view any of my movies or tv shows. The files showed, but everytime I clicked play...they would buffer then 'playback failed' would show up.

I then decided to reset the apple tv 2 in an attempt to fix this. But I then discovered that seas0npass would not allow me to use the 4.3 firmware and could only use the tethered 4.4 instead.

I did the 4.4 jailbreak with seas0npass and installed NitoTV and xbmc. But xbmc will not launch properly, and immediately returns to the Apple TV menu.

I then discovered on a few blogs that xbmc will not work on 4.4. Is this true? Can anybody help me?

Thanks
Update to build from the NitoTV to a nightly one.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
thanks! Is this in the NitoTV install software section? If so, is it easy to install? And is it stable? Sorry for being so clueless!
Follow the how to install XBMC from the FAQ thread. According to the install instructions, the nightlies are the only builds currently being supported.
There has never been a "stable" release for atv2 as the NitoTV one is just a nightly from ages ago. Instructions are here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Apple_TV_2 I have read a thread saying that it works on 4.4 so could just be the old version that doesn't.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Thank you all for your help! I am currently uploading my movies in XBMC!!! Updated to the nightly build and it's fixed everything.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on ATV2 4.4?0