Problem playing back remuxes with DXVA enabled
hi all

does anyone here have any issues with playing back remuxes in XBMC w/ DXVA enabled ? all L4.1 DXVA compliant encodes play back just fine with 0-10% cpu usage... the support is fantastic

Just to clarify the terms used: by remux i mean i've taken a bluray disc apart with eac3to and remuxed the untouched video and audio tracks together with mkvmerge. by encode i mean i've downloaded somebody else's L4.1 DXVA compliant x264 encode

when playing back remuxes, the cpu usage is around the same 0-10% that i expect however every few frames/scenes (it's not consistent) there are these masses of jerky frames. pressing 'O' in xbmc to bring up the playback stats confirm that the cpu usage is staying low, buffer is full and the drop frame count doesnt increase whenever these jerky frames appear. therefore XBMC thinks it's playing it fine.

i should also add that the remuxes play back fine in MPC-HC on the same machine, and they also play back fine in XBMC when DXVA is disabled (3ghz core 2 duo cpu)

i'm using the nightly builds of XBMC, even as recent as the 20111031 halloween build. not sure how long it has been a problem as i've only recently started getting remuxes

so has anybody else experienced this problem or maybe even know how to fix it ?

TIA Smile
bump... anyone out there have any remuxes to try and play back with DXVA enabled ? at this stage i'd be happy to know that i'm not the only one... even if i dont come to some sort of resolution
nobody? Sad
Posting a sample works wonders to get others to try it and report.
Including me Smile

Don't forget to explain what is the expected and the actual result for you.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Can you post a debug log. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Play a video long enough to get the jerky playback then stop the video and close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
thanks for tuning in devs... i havent forgotten about this thread, i've just been really busy

i've also been able to confirm this problem with a friend, so it doesnt appear to be anything wrong with my setup but a common problem in XBMC windows

i will get a sample and log organised for you in the next 1-2 days

thanks again for your attention Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing back remuxes with DXVA enabled0