Sync issue
Hello,

I've an Acer Revo RL100 running windows 7 and XBMC for windows 10.1
Connected to a Denon denon avr-1910 - shows up as HDP on denon
connected to Pioneer 5090 kuro.

playing the Sky HD box through the denon and screen works fine - no sync issues

but playing all the MKVs i have through this setup has sync issues - can't seem to get to the bottom of it! the voices are there, but not at the same time as the mouths are moving!

i know the MKVs are fine, tried on a friends set up (made through MakeMKV)

what settings, from start to finish should I have have on the Acer, window, Deon and TV?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Danny
Hey,

Myself and a few others have sync issues with xbmc. Your setup is almost identical to mine, win7, Acer HTPC, Denon AVR, mkvs are all ~-150ms out of sync.

Personally I just set a delay to -150 in xbmc and set it to "default to all movies" and it never really affects me now. Strange that it has the issue in the first place though. Pop the same file into mpc and no sync issue? Plus I have just rebuilt my HTPC and reinstalled the OS and am using the latest nightly, but the issue still exists.

I did hear a few people mention that the AE build floating around resolved some sync issues for them... but as there is only 1 build of that floating around on here, and the AE has not made it into Eden, I'll just stick with a delay until the AE is merged at a later date.

Sorry I've not supplied much in The way of help, but it's nice to know your not alone Smile id suggrst setting a fixed delay for all movies and you'll be fine, you can do it and sync it while the movie is playing until it's perfect. For me and a few others -150/200 seems to be the sweet spot... It worked for me Nod
thanks for the feedback, i'll have a play this weekend.

i was hoping there was a setting that would fix it, rather than messing with delay/advance settings Sad

i'll let you know if i manage to get it fixed Smile

Cheers,
Dan
I have a vague recollection that this can be caused if the "Adjust refresh rate" setting in System, Video, Playback is enabled, but I can't remember the details. A search of this forum might find it. You could try disabling the setting to see if it makes any difference.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sync issue0