• 38(current)
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')
Could it be run from SABnzdb's auto-process script?
Hitcher Wrote:Could it be run from SABnzdb's auto-process script?

Don't use that script but if it can handle starting a python script in XBMC i guess so.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I am planning on adding a way for python scripts to receive JSON-RPC notifications like the currently are called when the player starts, pauses, stops etc. This will obviously not make it into Eden but JSON-RPC has notifications for changes in the video aund audio library.

Until then it would also be possible to open a TCP socket to port 9090 and receive the JSON-RPC notifications there. AFAIK Trakt Utilities does this but it has the drawback that it only works if the users activate the setting that allows to use JSON-RPC over TCP.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
bthusby Wrote:Any way to make the 'recently added episodes' to only show the next unwatched of each show? Filter out all future episodes except for the next unwatched one?

And make it the priority before watchlist if it is a previously watched TV show?
I feel the present version of 'recently added epsiodes' is flooded with many episodes of the same show if I download a whole season of something....

I feel a smarter version of 'recently added episodes' could actually be merged with watchlist Smile

+1 to this. I know its hard to mess with core, but I love this idea.

Also, how hard would it be to make watch list its own subcategory underneath tv shows similiar to recently added?
westcoastbias Wrote:Also, how hard would it be to make watch list its own subcategory underneath tv shows similiar to recently added?

It isn't part of the library so you can't open the video window and display it.
I dont really understand that. The script returns a list of episodes, is it not possible to have that list populate like a playlist instead?

It might not be, I am just curious because I have wanted a smart playlist like this, but its not possible to code it using the existing smart playlist options.
You could code a custom window but you'd have to then code the layout and items; no where near as simple as ActivateWindow(Videos,recentlyaddedmovies).
Seems to be some issues with the script lately on my ATV2 (Quartz skin). Maybe it is due to the slowness of the HW.

Sometimes the screenshot thumb is not showing for items, only a grey box with text telling which season and episode it is.

And sometimes, it shows more than one episode from the same show.
The Real Skimshady
bthusby Wrote:Seems to be some issues with the script lately on my ATV2 (Quartz skin). Maybe it is due to the slowness of the HW.

Sometimes the screenshot thumb is not showing for items, only a grey box with text telling which season and episode it is.

And sometimes, it shows more than one episode from the same show.

May be worth testing on your WIN htpc as well.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:May be worth testing on your WIN htpc as well.

Same problem on windows 7 with the quartz skin also. So it is not ATV2 related then....
The Real Skimshady
Guys what's a proper visibility check per <item> ?

I was using

<visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(WatchList_Episode.foo.Path))</visible>

but it seems that only Label gets reset and everything else remains in place after episode's been seen?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I use label.
Hitcher Wrote:I use label.

Yep, I guess I'll switch to label and hope it does not get changed in future.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

If you use a list control, do not use any visible conditions for the watchlist items as it causes exactly the problem bthusby has (empty thumbnails on startup). Same for recently added, random items etc.
`Black Wrote:If you use a list control, do not use any visible conditions for the watchlist items as it causes exactly the problem bthusby has (empty thumbnails on startup). Same for recently added, random items etc.

hmmm.. never seen it myself, but why would that happen?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Watchlist script (was 'Adding Plex's 'On Deck' feature to XBMC')2