SSH/Master code issue on ATV1
Looking to see if anyone can give pointers on this issue.
I bought a used ATV1 with XBMC already installed. It prompts for a mastercode when opening XBMC. The seller says he does not know what the code is.

When I try to SSH into the ATV1 the root password is not alpine. I've tried a few other things and can't get past the login.

This leads to a couple questions.
Would factory restore option in the ATV flash the root account login?
After restore, would that put it back into a state that it would need to go thru jailbreak again?

Platform Apple Tv1
Version of iOS/ATV 3.0.2
XBMC Build : unknown. can't get in far enough to find that
Install Method: unknown. bought used. already jailbroken and xbmc installed at that point.
From digging around google, I was able to find info on logging into the SSH with the username frontrow.

I am now able to get into the system and trying to locate the profiles.xml file. It does not appear to be in the same location as in the pc version of XBMC.
Which ATV are you using? ATV1 (silver box) is not an iOS device. If this is the device you are using there is another forum for ATV1 under Mac Specific support.
This forum is for the ATV2 (black box) which runs iOS.
Thanks for the reply.

Yes it is the silver ATV1. I just figured it out though and edited the profiles.xml file with nano editor. I am able to get in now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSH/Master code issue on ATV10